News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Smyrna Beach, Florida - October 22-23, 2016

Started by FLawyer, October 23, 2016, 11:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLawyer

All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

9mm4545

Very nice shoot with some awesome people in attendance. Lady Liberty would be proud. More to follow. The link from the National Shooting Sports Foundation on long range rifle shooting that I mentioned at the shoot is here: http://firearmsuk.org/2013/05/01/a-selection-of-instructional-videos-from-the-national-shooting-sports-foundation/
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

9mm4545

Try this link for the entire series of long range shooting videos by Ryan Cleckner of the National Shooting Sports Foundation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WRO17sk_dI&list=PLACF2AEF0EC711484 Very clear and detailed information by a man who knows what he is about.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

BillG

Thanks to all the instructors for your time and efforts - very much appreciated!

We're all (Charlie, Ryan, and myself) totally committed to practicing and coming back to get our badges.  See you in several months.

Bill

9mm4545

One of the most enjoyable shoots I have had in some time. Good attitudes and so much progress! I see Riflemen coming... Sometimes even miracles happen: finding not one but both lost pins holding the front sight in place on Greg's Ruger AR556. I think Ruger may want to step up their quality control as we had three Rugers misbehaving. Two of the new Anniversary 10/22 rifles could not be sighted in as the front sight was improperly installed at the factory. Solution: loaners. And Greg's AR had not only the rear sight loosen but the front sight as well. Sometimes it really is the rifle and not the shooter! If there are photos, how about sharing them?

EastCoastHunter

I wanted to say a quick thank you to the instructors for volunteering their time. These RWVA instructors had a passion for teaching marksmanship, as well as our American heritage. I am going to try and make time for the Rifleman's Boot Camp in January. I think a 5 day immersion will do wonders for improving my skills. Thanks again!

Matt

CanisLupus

The instructors were great and had a true passion for the program.  I really appreciate their time, effort and insight to try and help a tenderfoot like myself. Thanks!
Chip

Dougboffl

This was my 3rd Project Appleseed Shoot.  My first was April of this year.  I've been able to boost my score about a dozen points each time.  Shot a 200 this time, so maybe next one I'll get over the magical 210.  I really feel thick headed sometimes and truly appreciate the patience of the dedicated crew and other shooters!  :DH:  Thanks also for great job on keeping everyone safety minded.

rambo granny

Very memorable shoot. Great young patriots!
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

rambo granny

Shooting in spite of a cast! That's grit and determination!
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

rambo granny

rambo granny

Amazing determination