News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfield Illinois, ISRA Range, Oct 15 & 16

Started by Sis, October 18, 2016, 03:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

What a great weekend!  The ISRA Range in Bonfield Illinois is a great place to shoot!  We were able to share instruction, marksmanship, and history with 15 amazing adult shooters, and 4 of the most amazing young patriots aged 9,10, 11, and 16!  Thanks Nora, Tommy, Quinn, and Jake for inspiring all the rest of us!  We awarded 5 new Riflemen Patches and welcomed Ray with a 215, Stephen with a 214, Joel with a 218, Alan with a 210, and Tim with a 213.  Additionally, Tim accepted an orange hat!  Tom, who is a veteran of several Appleseeds requalified with each and every AQT with his highest score being 244!!!  Thank you Tom, we loved meeting you!  And thank you to all of the shooters for your amazing assistance in setting up both of our ranges!  Saturday on Range #11 was wonderful but the range flooded with the heavy rains overnight.  Moving to Range # 9 was a new adventure for all of us and working as a team to ensure a great shoot for everyone was a great experience!
"If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten."
― Rudyard Kipling, The Collected Works

"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. "
― Michael Crichton

Texas T

Sounds like it was a great event. Congrats to our newest riflemen. And, Tom, a 244 is fantastic!!

Tim, thanks for stepping up and taking a hat. I hope that you will find the opportunity similar to what I have experienced. The more I study, and the more I teach, the more I find that I learn. Teaching others is a great learning experience.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Scattershot_Sarah

Bonfield was an awesome range and everyone had a great time! Sis ran a wonderful, serene shoot! Thanks to Olive for stepping up into a blue hat! Thanks to Tim for stepping up to an orange hat! Welcome to the Illinois team! I've got pictures! Sorry they are late, internet troubles in my neck of the woods.
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. -George Orwell.

There is a certain enthusiasm in Liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism. - Alexander Hamilton

I must study politics and war, that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy - John Adams

Qualified as Rifleman November 8th, 2015, Oregon WI

10 Appleseeds as shooter 2014
12 As Blue hat, 3 as shooter 2015
2 IBC, 1 gun show, 1 AS as Blue hat 2016
Orange hat, 06/06/16 at Waterman, IL
5 AS as orange hat 2016
Red Hat, 10/08/16 at Eagle/McMiller WI