News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

St. Augustine, FL Oct. 15-16, 2016

Started by 9mm4545, October 17, 2016, 12:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

A dry range, a full line, sunny weather (mostly), and some great instructors made for a memorable weekend in St. Augustine as we passed on the traditions, heritage, and marksmanship of the Founders. By the end of the weekend we had revealed three new Riflemen and everyone had made great strides in improving their marksmanship. Our shooters were safe, attentive, and eager to learn. The essential elements of solid position, six steps, and natural point of aim were absorbed and the groups began to shrink. The firehose of instruction continued with different positions, transitions, reloads, rapid fire, the IMC method of sighting in a rifle, multiple targets, and even more. By lunchtime we were ready for a break when Rambo Granny took us back in time to Boston, Lexington, and the Shot Heard ‘Round the World. By the end of Saturday we had both Keith and Marcus showing that they were men who knew what they were about with Riflemen scores on the AQT. Congratulations! By the end of Saturday we also had learned that the American Revolution was distinct from the War for Independence and how We the People were to continue the Revolution into the future. The pace on Sunday was fast but our shooters took it in stride and the sweet perfume of gun smoke filled the air. The sounds of Liberty did require heavy hearing protection and there were a few hot brass burns but if adversity builds character, then there is no doubt that everyone's character certainly improved! On Sunday, Terry put it all together and became the newest Rifleman in St. Augustine. Congratulations to you, Terry! Thanks to all of our volunteers: Rambo Granny, FLawyer, Heavyduty77, Grunt, TomM1Thumb, and our surprise walk-on instructor for Sunday, Guntuckian. You guys rock! I am sure that somebody, somewhere took photos. Feel free to add them for our viewing enjoyment and to help us remember what a great time was had by all.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

brockkl

Pardon the giant text, but I use a scope for a reason.  ;) This is an experience I would not miss for anything. In fact, I already signed up for another AS in Palm Bay, in January. I am practicing, and hope to continue until I can ace the AQT. At least the redcoats. I hope to see you all again, and any others as well. I am hoping to convince my father, and other friends to go with me, and spread the seed. I collected two patches that weekend, of 2 colors. Someone mentioned there are other colors? Maybe I can collect them all. I know, that's not the point, but I'm thinking I may want a few more to plaster on my t-shirt. In fact, I have to do that before I lose them. :P
Thanks to  Rambo Granny, FLawyer, Heavyduty77, Grunt, TomM1Thumb, and our surprise walk-on instructor for Sunday, Guntuckian, and 9mm4545 for imparting all your wisdom on us, who down to the last man, woman, and child were sure we were expert shooters when we started. (except for the one or two people I believe I heard saying they have never shot before) I don't presume to speak for the others, but I know I felt that way, and was quickly schooled otherwise.  :bow: Is there a way to see who is running each event on the schedule?? Just cause I'm nosy, no particular reason