News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning thread Marion, OH Oct 29th & 30th

Started by Corvette, October 16, 2016, 07:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Planning thread for up coming shoot at Marion.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

Looking forward to it (and hopefully nothing will keep me from it this time). Let me know if you need a pop up or loaner, or anything else. If its just the three of us, I'll bring main dish for dinner saturday (stuffed cabbage).

cwcdl79

cwcdl79

Chevyshooter, they'll be enough to feed you too!  ^:)^

PaRifle1777

My son and I would like to camp.  We will use an 18th C. style, bell-back wedge.  It's approximately 7' X 9'.  Will there be room for us?
Really looking forward to it.

Corvette

Plenty of room we may want to talk about location depending on whether or not you want to make your camp part of your heritage presentation and musket demo. If so we can set you up down by range, if. not we will put you up near us in clubhouse.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

PaRifle1777

At my unit's last event I set up a display in a wedge showing what the soldiers in the continental army might have carried.  If there is another place to sleep so we don't need the tent we can use the tent for part of the heritage program.  It's just that I was planning to use some 21st century amenities for sleeping comfort so the tent may have some non-period items.  I was planning on bringing a Lancaster School Pennsylvania rifle, (Early Jacob Dickert), a 1730 pattern English long land musket, (First Model Brown Bess) with shooting pouch, powder horn, cartridge box and bayonet.  You can use any, all or non of it as you see fit.  Consider it part of my donation.  Thanks

PaRifle1777 

Corvette

Several of us are bringing cots and sleeping in the clubhouse. TexasT will be bringing a pop up camper. You guys are welcome to join us in the clubhouse or pitch a modern tent next to TexasT. We will have access to the kitchen for meals. No showers but other than that pretty comfy. 

Cirvette

Texas T

Actually, the tent trailer is put away for the winter. I had to put it in storage the first of the month to be assured a spot inside at the fairgrounds. I'll either be tenting in my small tent or bunking with the rest of you. I wasn't aware of the clubhouse option, so was planning on tenting.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

PaRifle1777

Corvette,
Sleep indoors, Kitchen, Sign us up.  Let me know what we need to do for meals.  I am open to any and all suggestions.
Thank You. 

Corvette

Texas T,

Plenty of room, bring cot and sleeping bag, we bunk in the main room which would hold 50 people so lots of room to spread out.  Electric and restrooms available, even can go downstairs to the pistol range if you want to work on your .22 pistol skils.

See you there.

Corvette

PaRifle1777

I'll bring a crock pot of sloppy joe's and some buns.