News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, California OCT 8-9, 2016

Started by Vinnie, October 11, 2016, 10:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnie

After Action Report for SACRAMENTO, California OCT 8-9, 2016
Sacramento Valley Shooting Center - http://www.sacvalley.org
Pre-registered = 28:    (17 Groupon)  (8 Adult)  (3 Free-Special)
Ages ranged from 18 to 83 (that's not a typo!)

- - - - -
Saturday, OCT 8th - Clear, Sunny, Afternoon high was 88, Winds were light
We had 2 cancelled, and 2 no-shows, giving us 24 Shooters

SATURDAY Morning Redcoat Target - Maximum Effective Range,  24 Shooters:
100 = 4
200 = 2
300 = 4
400 = 1
Square = 1
Cleared All = 1

Shot 2 AQTs on Saturday… No Rifleman Scores, but most were above 125 (you get a medal for that in the Army  ;) ), with quite a few in the Sharpshooter level.

Great Attitudes All Around!  ..:..

SATURDAY Afternoon Redcoat Target - Maximum Effective Range,  24 Shooters:
100 = 9
200 = 6
300 = 2
400 = 2
Square = 2
Cleared All = 0

Laurie (NorCal22Gal) promoted Vinnie to Shoot Boss

- - - - -

Sunday, OCT 9th - Clear, Sunny, Afternoon high was 89, Winds were light
5 of our Groupon people did not come back on Sunday, along with 3 others, giving us 17 Shooters

SUNDAY Morning Redcoat Target - Maximum Effective Range,  17 Shooters:
100 = 1
200 = 2
300 = 3
400 = 3
Square = 7
Cleared All = 1

First RIFLEMAN of the day was CONRAD (on a Ruger 10/22 with Tech Sights), shooting a 211, just before lunch:

Conrad then followed-up with two more Rifleman scores: 218 & 215!

Our 2nd RIFLEMAN of the day was MIKE, scoring a 211 on his AR-15:

Mike later followed-up with a score on 223!

We had a little fun between AQTs….
Some pesky sidewalk chalk redcoats became dust during a "Acquire-Your-NPOA" Drill

We also sent some Flintlock Musket BALL downrange, just for fun (and as a little history lesson)

SUNDAY Afternoon Redcoat Target - Maximum Effective Range,  16 Shooters:
100 = 5
200 = 3
300 = 2
400 = 1
Square = 3
Cleared All = 0

After all was done, a new ORANGE HAT was issued to Steve!  Steve says he wants to be able to "do something" for the cause of liberty… and so he did  O0 
WELCOME ABOARD, STEVE!!

Here is Steve doing an Isaac Davis impression with the musket:

Thank you to all who attended… for your hard work, great attitudes, and perseverance! 
We Hope To See You Out Here Again!!
>TELL YOUR FRIENDS<

Thank you to all the instructors for putting on an awesome shoot:

Laurie - NorCal22Gal
Joe - EagleScouter
Linda - Ducky
Marta - 22CaliBear

LOTS OF PHOTOS HERE:

http://photos.dogatemymail.com/FullScreenSlideShow.aspx?gallery=4781162&mt=Photo

Until Next Time…
Vinnie

NorCal22Gal

AWESOME JOB TO ALL WHO CAME OUT!!!
CONGRATS TO OUR NEW RIFLEMEN!!
CONGRATS TO VINNIE!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^

The book we used a lot and mentioned a couple times was "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer.  There is a second book by the same author that is also very good "Washington's Crossing".

Thank you to all the participants and the Instructors for making this a wonderful event!!

Laurie

Texas T

Congrats to our newest Riflemen!!

And, Steve, thanks for stepping up and taking a hat. You'll probably look great in orange for a while, and just remember that Red isn't too far away for those who put in the time and effort. I have learned much while studying the materials in order to be a better teacher.  I hope that you do, as well.  O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

scoutcamper

Congrats to the new rifleman!

And a big congrats to Vinnie! That new hat looks great on you! Wear it proudly, you earned it!

Dipstick

Being a refugee from Castro Valley's Chabot Gun Club where I had been to Appleseed shoots twice in the last six months, I decided to drive to the Sacramento AS to see if I could shoot my patch on Sunday.  Well. the patch turned out to be a pipe dream, but I had a great time trying.  What really strikes me is that everyone I have met at these events, instructors and students, are all friendly, helpful and generous people.  The atmosphere on Sunday made me feel right at home, and I thoroughly enjoyed the day (including the drive). So much so I'll be back next month. 
Congrats to Vinnie on the promotion, and to the new Riflemen.   I hope to see some of you next month!

Carbo (AKA Dipstick)

NorCal22Gal

You'll get there Carbo!!! Keep up the good work and the great attitude!  You are welcome in Sacramento anytime! ;)