News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elverson, PA - 2016Oct08-09

Started by mal, October 11, 2016, 09:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

OK, pics are up!

So draws the conclusion of Appleseed for this season at The Northern Chester Country Sportsman's Club.  I can't say it could have ended on a better note.  Well, having 8 out of 8 Rifleman could have been better, but 50% ain't too shabby. 

The weather cooperated, mostly, with showers after lunch on Saturday, but the AQT grind on Sunday was mostly sunny, breezy and cool. 

If I ever got stranded on a deserted island or out in the middle of no-where, I hope it's with either fellow Appleseed instructors or any of the people who come to these events.  Something about this program just attracts the best people, and this event was no exception.  You guys and gals are awesome, attendees and crew alike. 

Keep practicing.  Set your next, more difficult goal.  Get involved!

Thank you for a safe and fun event.  I hope we'll see you back at NCCSC next year! 

PS: Jon just sent this link about the window in the Old North Church that Robert Newman fled out of: 
http://www.iboston.org/mcp.php?pid=oldNorth
Cool info, Thanks Jon!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

A few general pics... as in 'non-specific', not 'Patton' of WWII fame... never mind...

Group pic, left to right:  NavionPA, Mary, TJ, John, Carlo, James, Patrick, JamesT, Jeff, Lily, RoverAce.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Carlo (left) with one of his many Rifleman targets, this one a 229; joined by 8 year old Lily (the smaller one in the center), our youngest attendee and who scored a 217 (you go girl!), and her father Jeff (right). 

Oh wait... I was just informed Lily was holding dad's target...  ;) 
Well, I've seen her shoot, so it was an easy mistake.  She was doing great!   ^:)^

~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Wall o' Carlo. 
Carlo runs several shooting events at SoLanCo, Southern Lancaster County Sportsman's Club and hopes to bring Appleseed to his range.  We're comin' brother.

Army Rangers-
"Not for the weak or fainthearted"
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Mary came with beau TJ and had matching rifles (aww, so romantic!).  She hit her stride a couple QDAQTs in and started bangin'em away like nothin'.  Congrats!  TJ was right there with her, but suddenly got plagued with gear trouble that prevented him from keeping up.  Next time dude! 
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Jonathan attended his 2nd Appleseed with us, determined to earn his Rifleman patch.  And that he did, repeatedly. 
Nice job, mate!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Jeff is becoming a regular attendee here in the free states of not New York, and is also a regular Rifleman, popping out Expert scores and cleaned redcoats seemingly effortlessly.  Nice job as always and good to see ya again! 
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Our three newest PA First Rifleman: Carlo, TJ & Mary.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams