News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

After Action Report- Harrisburg, AR October 8-9

Started by sticksnstones, October 10, 2016, 11:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

A great weekend for an Appleseed. Short of the wind and dust it kicked up, the weather was perfect. Our gracious hosts at Skeeters Trap and Gun range hosted us and as always accommodated us.  We had a great amount of instructors, with a decent amount of students. We had 12 signed up, with only 8 showing up. We started the weekend off almost 1:1 instructor to attendee ratio. We were represented by all of the armed forces.  With two not coming back on day two, we had 6 solid shooters. None gave up. Attitudes were great and they would have shot til dark if we had let them. Improvements all across the board. All were like sponges and soaked up what we instructed. All or most offered help with set up.
Two shot rifleman scores, with both backing it up with other scores to prove it wasn't a fluke. One was a first timer. He shot 210 twice. The second shot 210 followed by a 224 and this was his 2nd Appleseed. Don't let me miss the 3rd one that stepped up. He persevered through the weekend and after brutal event 2 weekends ago. I knew he was hooked  and would be a great asset to our program. I asked him if he would take a Blue hat and he gladly and graciously accepted. Clay welcome to our crew. Also Kyle that shot rifleman at his second event was wanting to join so he asked for an Orange Hat (instructor in training). So proud of you all.
Not to slight the ones that did not shoot rifleman scores, because their scores improved greatly over the weekend.
Thanks to the shooters and instructors alike. A special thanks to Tim aka Palerider for traveling so far to help and hang out.
Experienced Appleseeders will know that a 210 or better is a rifleman score. Most should also know that we are rich in tradition. If you score a perfect 210 you get baptized in water from under the North Bridge. Well both gentlemen that scored rifleman, each shot perfect 210 on their first rifleman score. So as you can imagine they both got a little wet. Ted was not expecting but I think Kyle was a little leery.
Huzzah.
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

Res"Q"John

Awesome is the only word I can say about this group of shooters. They all showed up with open minds and teachable attitudes! Look forward to seeing them on the line again, soon! Congrats to our new riflemen Ted and Kyle! And Congrats to all the other shooters for remarkable improvements. Sticksnstones did a fantastic job at his first Appleseed as a Green Hat. No doubt that Arkansas is in good hands! Congrats to Edith and Kyle for stepping up and taking a Orange Hat and Clay taking a Blue Hat. Palerider, awesome job my friend, I learned a lot from you! My brothers in orange - Chris, Cat and Justin, y'all rocked it out this weekend! 
"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry

PaleRider

What a great group of folks to work with! I made an 11-hour trip up from San Antonio to West Memphis, AR, to help out, and both the instructors and participants were fantastic. I always like to see how a different crew puts their own spin on things, and this group, headed up by Sticks, did a great job! Congrats to Kyle and Ted, and I hope the others persevere in their pursuit of their Rifleman patches. Thanks all for the great weekend, and keep up the good work!
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Texas T

Congrats to our new riflemen.   O0   And to those who stood up and took hats,    :bow:  !  I hope that you have the same experiences that I have been blessed with, over the past year. I have found that the more I study and teach, the more I learn myself.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Valkyrie25

I was trying to post the pictures I have on my phone. I am not very good at this computer stuff.
Apparently it will not let me post the format. Check back after a couple days. I will work on figuring out how to do it.
Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves

Abraham Lincoln

KPUC

As Tom and the others have said, it was a great weekend.  There were significant improvements across the firing line.  Welcome aboard to Kyle and Clay. 
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

Buddy Love

Thank you again for all your efforts in helping me and the other shooters improve our marksmanship. At the end of the day, I heard the greatest comment from one of the other die hard shooters that braved the wind, dust and flying brass. He proudly proclaimed that while he didn't shoot a Rifleman's score at this Appleseed event, he was shooting twice as good as before and looking forward to the next event. I look forward to seeing him make it next time.

Clayk59

I had a great time.  Did not qualify but did make significant improvement.  I plan to go to the Shreveport shoot and give it another shot.  Thanks to all who helped.

Not sure I know what to expect as a blue hat, but if I can be of service, just ask.

Clay