News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Wisconsin, McMiller Sports, Oct 8 & 9, 2016

Started by Sis, October 10, 2016, 09:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

What a wonderful shoot in Eagle this past weekend!  The weather was gorgeous, the shooters were amazing learners, the instructors were fine tuned into exactly what the shooters needed, and a great time was had by all.
-We welcomed 6 brand new riflemen and 1 brand new rifle woman.  Well, 7 rifle people all together!  Congratulations Brandon/213, Chris/221, Austin/213, Bryan/226, Justin/228, and husband and wife Jim/210 and Robin/220!!  What an an amazing experience!
-We congratulated 3 requalifyers Bradley with a 231/234/241, Eric with a 215/220/228, and Gary who demonstrates NPOA like no other Rifleman I've met!
-We welcomed new Orange Hat Eric (Steel Dragon), a great shooter and believer in our mission.
-We celebrated Sarah (Scattershot_Sarah) earning her Red Hat and joining the ranks of Appleseed Instructors.

-Flying Ferret, Zimms, Scatter_Shot Sarah, Slothman, and Theokestral provided amazing stories, instruction, hands-on help, encouragement, line calling, and fence making skills.  Excellent job my friends!  Excellent job!

Pictures to follow.....
"If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten."
― Rudyard Kipling, The Collected Works

"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. "
― Michael Crichton

Texas T

Congrats to the new riflemen (and women). Well done.

Eric, thanks for stepping up. You will probably find that you can learn a lot, just by studying up and preparing to teach. I know that I have.

Sarah, congrats and thanks for the time that it takes to reach this level.

Well done, by all!!   O0 O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Scattershot_Sarah

It was a great shoot with a bunch of new Riflemen(and women) and Requalifiers! Great weather, a nice range, great instructor cadre, and Slothman brought cookies. I've got pictures. Who could ask for anything more? Another stellar, laidback shoot run by Sis.

Sarah
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. -George Orwell.

There is a certain enthusiasm in Liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism. - Alexander Hamilton

I must study politics and war, that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy - John Adams

Qualified as Rifleman November 8th, 2015, Oregon WI

10 Appleseeds as shooter 2014
12 As Blue hat, 3 as shooter 2015
2 IBC, 1 gun show, 1 AS as Blue hat 2016
Orange hat, 06/06/16 at Waterman, IL
5 AS as orange hat 2016
Red Hat, 10/08/16 at Eagle/McMiller WI

DrRichP

Thanks obviously go to the awesome crew for an awesome (and highly successful) Appleseed.

Congratulations to Brandon, Chris, Austin, Bryan, Justin, Jim, Robin, Bradley, Eric, and Gary!

Welcome aboard Eric Steel Dragon. Thanks for Stepping up.

A huge congratulations to Sarah (Scattershot_Sarah). Too many thoughts, emotions, and things I can think to say, so for now I'll wait until I see her in person.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Slothman

What an excellent weekend!  I enjoyed working with each and every shooter and was astounded by how many riflemen came out of this weekend! 

It didn't stop there, either - we had plenty of shooters knocking on the door with high 180 - 200 scores.  Don't give up!  You're only a couple shots away from rifleman! 

I'd like to mention Bradley's scores here.  I think he re-qualified on just about every AQT we ran, with several scores in the high 240s!  250 is just a breath away! 

And Justin - getting rifleman JUST IN TIME!  Getting it on the last AQT of the day on Sunday shows you were really putting it all together not muscling through.  Way to go!

Jim and Robin - how cool is it that you both got your first rifleman on the same day? 

Welcome aboard, Eric!  I was very excited for you when you shot rifleman at Monroe and hope that taking an orange hat becomes as enjoyable a mission to you as it has been for me. 

This was a great group of shooters, and instructors as well.  It was great working with Sis and Scattershot again, and excellent meeting Zimms, Theokestrel and Flying Ferret.

And congrats to Scattershot on your promotion!  Seeing your shiny new hat made me want to up my PC game - I want one of those! 

2015-06-06 - Appleseed 1 / Rifleman - Eagle/McMiller, WI
2016-04-16 - Appleseed 2 / IIT - Lodi, WI
2017-08-27 - "Red Hat" Instructor - Monroe, WI

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Shamgar

What an awesome time and shoot this was!!! Robin and I both are still amazed that we both shot Rifleman on the same day. I was just focusing on getting NPOA and breathing right and it brought things together for me.

I want to say thank you to all the people who helped me get my wheelchair unstuck and out of the sand. As well, to Sister for setting both me and my wife up with a place to shoot from. And I would be remiss not to mention Nic (Bradley's nephew) who helped me with mag loading (not changing).

Great weather, great people, great experience!!!
First Appleseed, 11/7-11/8 2015, Oregon, WI
Second, 2/27/2016, Racine, WI
Third, KD, 8/20-8/21 2016, Racine, WI
Fourth, 9/18/2016, Racine, WI
Fifth, 10/9/2016, McMiller @ Eagle, WI, RIFLEMAN! 2nd AQT, 214

Jdg 3:31  And after him was Shamgar the son of Anath, which slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox goad: and he also delivered Israel.

MC2AF

The Eagle (McMiller) shoot was my best Appleseed yet.  I guess my last shoot was at Johnson Creek (aka Milford Hills) in 2013.

Of the 3 prior shoots I've done, Eagle had the best group of instructors.  They were a younger group with more enthusiasm, energy and you could tell they were having fun doing what they do.

The facility was good, weather was great and my rifle only malfunction on 1 AQT.  (Lost 5 shots due to light primer strikes and still shot a 221)

Besides the great group of instructors, there was a great group of shooters to shoot with as well.  Socializing with other shooters is half the reason I enjoy shooting so much.

My brother-in-law Jeremy and nephew Nic still need to shoot Rifleman so I'm sure we'll be at a shoot again sometime soon.

-Bradley

McMiller Oct 8/9, 2016  -  Milford Hills June 8/9, 2013  -  Lodi Oct 6/7, 2012  -  Racine July 28/29, 2012

RTB

River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016