News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - River Falls, WI - October 8-9 2016

Started by RTB, October 09, 2016, 08:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTB

We couldn't have asked for better weather over the weekend; with the mornings starting at 30 degrees and warming into the 50's. There was no wind but plenty of sun. The hosting range, River Falls Sportsman's Club, was welcoming as always with coffee and doughnuts for all. I can't say this enough but it's greatly appreciated.

Over the course of the weekend we had 14 shooters: 6 first-timers and 8 veterans. All were eager to learn and get into transitions (so that had a chance to move and warm-up a bit) Of all the shooters two were very focused and excited with everything Appleseed. They were two sisters; aged 9 and 11; both of which, are well on their way to becoming marksmen.

Not to bury the lead but we did have 5 shooters score 210 or better; earning 1 re-qualification and 4 new Riflemen for Wisconsin.

Bret: Requal - 224
Cody: 210
Austin: 214
Charlie: 213
Jordan: 210

We also had Bret and Christi each clear a Red Coat Sunday morning.

I would also like to thank our instructors ILikeCake and Miara and also our Blue Hat Pooky. I can honestly say that we couldn't have done the event without your help.

I look forward to seeing all of you on the line again.... oh, and bring a friend  ;)

Pictures will be up as soon as Pooky loads them.

River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016

Texas T

Congrats to our new riflemen. It's also great to hear about the level of focus from our young ladies. Sounds like, although the days started out a bit cool, everyone warmed up very nicely.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

martin

Good job everyone! O0 O0 O0 Congratulations to all the new Riflemen at River Falls.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

Great job folks! Congratulations to Bret, Cody, Austin, Charlie, and Jordan.  O0  I bet you'll all look good in orange  ::)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

ILikeCake

5 new rifleman....oh man I am soooo excited about that. 
Saturday was awesome and having such an awesome group of shooters and fellow instructors just reminded me and renewed my love for Appleseed again.  I truly do love this program. 
Nice work EVERYONE
Melissa
A.K.A.  ILikeCake

Pooky

Some of the pictures from this past weekend.

Pooky

:pics:

Pooky

:pics:

Pooky

Last ones. Was a great weekend and Thank you all so much for coming.

martin

That Rifleman's patch looks good in Charlie's hand,,,,
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

RustyRed

Way to go everyone!! You all did a great job,I got to say I really missed going to help out in this shoot,I missed seeing Charlie get his riflemens patch congrats to all hope to see you all again! 

helmsdeepsurvivor

Thank you soo much for hosting such a great event!.  Bret or (Helms) here.  I can't wait to be back and try to qualify with open sights!  Thanks for all of the pictures as well.  In just a few years I will be bringing a young pair of girls to start their journey to the badge:)
"Not all who wander are lost."
Tolkien

"The hunter who wanders through these lands sees sights which ever afterward remain fixed in his mind.... Apart from this, yet mingled with it, is the strong attraction of the silent places, of the large tropic moons, and the splendor of the new stars; where the wanderer sees the awful glory of sunrise and sunset in the wide waste spaces of the earth, unworn of man, and changed only by the slow change of the ages through time everlasting."
Theodore Roosevelt

Helms