News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Memorial Range, Tallahassee, FL Oct 8-9 2016

Started by Engineer shooting, October 09, 2016, 07:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Big Chris, Gator1776, Falcon 793 and Salt Water Shooter (plus a few students) all had to stay home and baton down the hatches due hurricane Matthew. They were missed. We had the entire chapter of "A Well Armed Women" from Wakulla County came to shoot. Al was on course to score on his first "seed" but things suddenly went South late Sunday. We always say when a shooter suddenly has problems hitting the target check the equipment. Sure enough the entire top of his Ruger SR22 was loose enough to rattle when you shook the rifle.

The staff Chuck, Kim, Sean, Jan and Lori once again did all the heavy lifting and made the weekend wonderful.
  :bow: :bow:
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

TomM1Thumb

Having been at Jacksonville Oct 1&2, I am really glad to hear that, A Well Armed Women" from Wakulla County came to shoot. I was hoping to see Appleseed's Lines increase in size. With the inclusion of the Well Armed Woman.

I hope They did well! There maybe a Ladyseed in the near Future, for the Isaac Davis Memorial Range. and a Few more in Florida, From the reaction I saw and heard. From the Well Armed Woman I talked to.

Please Give Us some more detail if Possible. I know that Big Chris and I would like to know. Corvette, and Trisha too,

Thanks Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

B.C.

It was painful for me to not attend this event, I did however make the right choice by staying at home in St Augustine. The hurricane was especially nasty in my area and clean up will be ongoing. I'm glad to hear that the W.A.W. showed up, there was much interest in Appleseed I heard from many at the recent conference they had in Jacksonville. Glad everything worked out and I trust the students learned a lot and had fun.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

gunjunkie

It was as always a great weekend at IDMR, Ken and Lori are always great hosts. All the shooters showed marked improvement in their marksmanship skills and they all seemed to have a good time, I know Kim and I did. I have had one troubling thought, all weekend I watched this dejected red hat named Randy set on the bench. Each morning as the shooters arrived I found the hat in high spirits, but as the safety briefings began I could see the joy fade and the hats mood turn. Both days the hat started with hopes that it's owner would show-up and claim it but it's new owner was a no show. It broke my heart to witness such rejection and at the close of the event on Sunday the hat could take no more. The hat was last seen heading south southwest out into the woods.
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

I hope everyone who was affected by the hurricane made out okay.  You are in my thoughts and prayers as you recover and clean up.  I look forward to seeing you all again soon.  It was a great weekend.  I, as always, had a great time - the shooters showed great improvement - I was so impressed with Evelyn and Cindy - they were both great shooters - wish they could've come back on Sunday.  Al - as was previously mentioned - I am quite sure would've scored rifleman if he had not had a bit of a gun malfunction.  He will certainly score next time.  The only problem of the weekend was the empty hat with the name "Randy" looking for it's rightful owner.  What a sad event to witness.  It looked and looked for the head that belonged in it all weekend.  Although it was last seen heading into the woods seeking it's owner, hopefully it will find it's way back for the next Appleseed at the Isaac Davis Memorial Range  - unless, of course, one of the many resident  turkeys happens to have the name "Randy" - what a horror that would be - to see the resident turkey with that lovely red instructor hat.  Randy, please -- claim that precious hat-- hope to see you there next month!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

falcon793

The storm was not too bad over my way but I did have some old trees that gave up and had to be cleared away.  Took several days to get it all done. But we are all alive and well. Thanks for all the emails.

I sure missed going to the shoot last weekend but there will be plenty more. Nice to hear the shoot went well.

falcon793

There's always more to the story. I told my wife I was going to have to evacuate to IDMR. But she didn't want to go, because my kids that live on the coast by Jacksonville Beach were going to be evacuating here with the grand kids. I tried to tell her that there was something very important that I needed to tend to. I think I had her pretty much convinced, but then, I found out that they were bringing their dogs and cats. So I had to stay home. I thought about that red hat. And there's only one person I know that would drive through a hurricane for a hat...yep...its me. So if anyone sees that red hat, let it be known I will be there soon. Thank you my friends.

sean_shoot_here

Sorry it took so long to post these,but I was able to pull it he game camera pics.  The hat was last seen heading south by southwest.