News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Southern Minnesota Sportsmans Club - Rochester, MN October 1-2, 2016

Started by Kosciusko, October 07, 2016, 07:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kosciusko

17 shooters gathered for a weekend of  Appleseed Heritage and Marksmanship, 

They were joined by myself, Scope-Eye, FreedomV and an Upper  Peninsula Michigonian extreme border raider named DragonMedic  (wearing  a shiny new red hat).     Also, wearing her blue hat, Judy, wife  of FreedomV

instruction was imparted and targets were shot

the weather was good and we continued to make progress

lunch was taken, history imparted, and then back to the firing line

more instruction, more shooting, nobody made a Rifleman score on our first AQT, though several came close, raising hopes for Sunday

On Sunday, we gathered once again and began grinding  out AQTs.  Scope-Eye had to leave us, but we were joined by Cully, having fulfilled   obligations at his family reunion.

The scores began to rise, and a multiple members of our  group  came within striking distance of a Rifleman patch. 

It was left to Christopher to gain the coveted patch with a score of precisely 222.

Thanks to all who came and especially to the instructors who spent a lot of time  and effort getting first time shooters with unfamiliar loaner rifles shooting both  safely and accurately.   

Really, a special thanks to all the instructors and volunteers:  Judy, who handled registration and paperwork;  FreedomV who did the range setup; Scope-Eye, working w/ the rawest of raw beginners;  DragonMedic,  who traveled far on  the  dusty Appleseed trail to assist; and Cully, who managed to make it to help out despite all his other commitments.  You folks are the best.

Cpgannon

I appreciate all the work, time, and effort that all the instructors put in. I look forward to attending another one of Kosciusko's Appleseeds next spring and gain the coveted orange hat!

Texas T

Congrats Christopher. 222 is a very respectable score. Now you'll need to come back to impart some of your shoot wisdom on others.  O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Kosciusko

Quote from: Cpgannon on October 07, 2016, 10:10:32 PM
I appreciate all the work, time, and effort that all the instructors put in. I look forward to attending another one of Kosciusko's Appleseeds next spring and gain the coveted orange hat!

I appreciate the endorsement.   I usually run the shoots in Winona, Cully runs the ones in Rochester.    We went to each others home ranges  due to family commitments.  I had a wedding celebration for my sister during mine, so Cully helped out.  I returned the favor 2 weeks later when he attended a family reunion.   Barring other commitments next April, I will happily work Rochester  as an instructor and leave the green hat to Cully.   If you can possibly attend another shoot before then, i urge you to do so and take an orange hat at that time.   Otherwise, please block out time next March as we will be having our instructor boot camp.  A great learning experience and a chance to meet the gang.