News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR Oct 8/9 2016 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, October 05, 2016, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

As of right now - high of 74* and 10% COR both for this weekend's event at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club  :cool2:

See you all out there.

Kimber Custom

The alarm ride through Eagle Creek alerted 22 more patriots that the regulars are about!

Saturday held perfect weather - cool and dry. Bill took to the instruction and shot a 216 on his first AQT ever!

Redcoat improvements from Sat AM to PM and the number of 190+ shooters Saturday afternoon was impressive.

Sunday the rains came. DRRC has a covered firing line but too much faith in the potential for good weather - our patent pending, target shelters were not put up. The forge was hot enough to pick up 2 more riflemen - Dan and Kyle. David and Oleg put up repeat riflemen scores. Kyle shot an impressive 222 but Oleg took high score of 227 for the weekend.

Matt just missed the mark with a 209. We didn't look too hard for that last point since nobody wanted North Bridge water this weekend.

Thank you all for coming. We will be back in Eagle Creek Dec 10/11. Our next shoot in the metro area is in two weeks for our Ladyseed in Dundee, OR and another 25m event in Ariel, WA that same weekend. Please help us spread the word.

It looks like I forgot to take pictures Sunday but there are a few from Saturday: https://goo.gl/photos/dZwydhJt5o6i9Asu9

Here's another After Action Report from one of our shooters: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/attended-a-project-appleseed-event-this-weekend-wow.228843/

Flipper

Another successful Appleseed with a great group of shooters at a fantastic range. Although the weather didn't cooperate with us on Sunday it still went well. Congratulations to our three new rifleman Bill, Kyle and Dan!! Your persistence did indeed pay off  ^:)^ thank you to everyone who came out. I saw everyone make great improvements through out the weekend. I look forward to seeing some familiar faces at events to come. I'm posting the rifleman pictures now. And I'll post more pictures later.

Flipper

whit

Sorry I couldn't be at this event.  Huzzah to the 22 attendees and the new and repeat Riflemen.

Whit