News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR for Newark, OH October 1-2, 2016

Started by Longrifleman, October 02, 2016, 09:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longrifleman

An INCREDIBLE group of shooters have just compleated a fantastic Project Appleseed event at Dillon Sportsmans Club!

Perfect fall weather began our Saturday morning. A Redcoat target was engaged followed by intensive instruction in the art of firing the shot. By late afternoon, after a stirring dose of history, AQT targets became our focus. Mother nature had other ideas as a light rain shower graced the range just to add to the challenge. After 3 attempts at the AQT we engaged another Redcoat target and finished with the Third Strike.

Our full compliment of shooters returned Sunday along with three more AS vets. A Redcoat was engaged followed by a serious review of the previous day's lesson. The AQT Grind began and before we knew it Mother Nature made her presence known again just in time for lunch.

Texas T delivered a fine Dangerous Old Men collection and was presented with a Red Hat signifying his achievement of Full Instructor status. That was the inspiration we needed and we came out shooting!

Pete (Forum name Burns) was first to nail the Rifleman score with a 213 and then a 210. Matt (Goodoldfriend) finally racked up a patch with a 221. Leanne (Leannie Oakley) earned a North Bridge Baptism with her first at 210. Not to be outdone, Pete kissed the 210 wall again and we showered him with cold, wet New England Love. Hey, two 210's in a row? You're getting WET! Leanne squeezed in another at 211 and Pete impressed us all with his fourth Rifleman score in a row.

The fun came to a close when we obliterated a few redcoat targets in a team drill then engaged our final Redcoat which made our progress impossible to deny with marked improvement made by all.

A heartfelt THANK YOU to all our shooters for a safe and memorable event and we look forward to seeing you all on the line again soon!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

What a great group of shooters...
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

cwcdl79

Lucky Lori

Looks  like  a  great  group  of  repeat  appleseed   shooters  .  Great  Job  \

Lucky  Lori   Tallahassee  florida

Spiderjerusalem

Kayla and i had a great time. Many thanks to Longrifleman, Charley, Yankee, Texas T, and Chevyshooter! And thanks to Dillon Sportsman's Club as well!

Texas T

Started the morning with a safety brief.

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Moving to the morning Redcoat...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

A few more working on clearing the Redcoat...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

After some instruction on steady-hold factors, we moved on to a couple of other positions...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Working, in hope of making future Riflemen and Riflewomen...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Continuing through the afternoon...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

More afternoon work...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Working on form...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Hard work pays off. Cleared a Redcoat...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

New Riflemen!

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

And a Riflewoman (who took an Orange Hat by the end of the weekend!!!)

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

With this many great shooters, there had to be a couple of perfect 210's...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

By the end of the day, FOUR times a Rifleman, including the 210...I believe that would make this a Four-Pete!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

And, once again, thanks to everyone for coming out and making Dillon Sportsman Center a great event. It should be a fond memory for everyone.

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

For all of our shooters from Newark who make it this far down the link, we talked about the four questions, but ran out of time at the end of the day for further discussion. Let me know if you weren't able to answer all four by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for the great event.

MI IBC, February 2017

Charley

Great shoot! Too bad I was only there for Saturday but lots of positive attitudes! Congrats to our newest riflemen! Hope to see you all on the trail again! I'm trying to get what few pics I took uploaded but I'm having issues with my phone...they'll be up as soon as I can get it figured out.

Burns

Everyone,

Our AS at the Dillon Sportsman's Center was excellent.  The facility really is a hidden gem. I would like to extend a great big THANK YOU to all the instructors (Longrifleman, Texas T, Charlie, Yankee, and Chevy Shooter).  You really helped me put it all together.  With your instruction, a number of things finally clicked.  The time and effort you put in was clearly evident.  For that I am grateful. 

The weather was not as much of a factor as I was expecting.  Mostly, it was quite nice.  But once or twice, we did get sprinkled on.  But it was an AS in OH.  It wouldn't feel like one without a little rain.  And, once inside the Rifleman's Bubble, it really didn't have much impact.  I'm a big advocate of shooting in weather.  It teaches you a lot about you and your equipment.

And, true to my call sign, I'm sporting a blister shaped a lot like a piece of spent .22 Long Rifle brass.  Spent brass is HOT!

Hope to see you all on the line sometime in the future. 

Cheers!
Burns (Pete)

Leannie Oakley

Huge Thank You to all the amazing people I met and saw once again at this AS!! It was great seeing and having Texas T and Chevy Shooter at Dillon again, along with meeting Longrifleman, Charley, & Yankee! I am glad I came to AS once again to earn my Riflemans patch and start as an IIT! I couldn't have done it without the awesome volunteers who give time to teach people like me. You guys are sure to see me at Dillon for the future shoots. Again thank you all for the help, encouragement, and yes, even the baptism from my 210! LOL

See ya around,
Leannie Oakley

Charley

Charley

instruction

goodoldfriend

I was privileged to be able to attend Sunday of this shoot. I had to work Saturday until 11 PM.
By the time I go to the facility, around 3 AM, I was a little tired. I did get to sleep after setting up my tent but was back up between 6:45 and 7 AM.

The Dillon Sportsman Facility is a great place to shoot and share a day with friends. Many thanks to them for supporting Project Appleseed. I wish they were closer as I would really like to shoot there again.

I can't express how grateful I am to Project Appleseed and the volunteer staff who give of their time to help fellow Americans learn our heritage through history and marksmanship training. In the few hours I have spent at Project Appleseed events I have met wonderful staff and made friendly acquaintances with other attendees.

I was fortunate to have been able to shoot a 213 and receive my patch on Sunday. It is hard to put into words the effect this has had on me this week. I have felt that if I can meet this challenge I can also meet many others that come up in life. So, huzzah, and thank you to those who unselfishly give of themselves.

I have had a few setbacks along the way. Some were physical but most were mental. I struggled with equipment and technique. I had employment and financial challenges. At all times the Project Appleseed staff were among the most honorable, kind, generous, and helpful people I have met.

Thanks again. I will make time to talk when I see you again in Wilmington at the end of the month. I want to help Project Appleseed.

1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016