News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR- Chaseburg, WI - September 24/25 2016

Started by Kosciusko, September 30, 2016, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kosciusko

7 shooters joined myself, Dan 1,  and Dan2 at Chaseburg Rod and Gun,  diving  into the Appleseed experience.

6 of the shooters were returning veterans, 1 was a newbie (who cleared his very first Redcoat, pretty impressive)

the day was clear, instruction was imparted, targets were shot

we broke for lunch and history

more instruction was imparted and more targets were shot

nobody manged to shoot a qualifying score, but not for lack of trying

Dan 1 was worked especially hard, as he was doing his PC for Red Hat

The day ended with Dan 1 being awarded his Red Hat. 

Huzzah!,  Wisconsin has a new Red Hat.     Thanks and congratulations to Dan 1  !

On Sunday, our shooters returned , minus Dean, the guy who clears Redcoats on his first try.   We hope to see him again.

shooters struggled in the rain, AQTs were shot and coaching was given.

scores rose into the 170s, 180s, 190s, even breaking the 200 mark

It was left to Enrique to shoot a Riflemans score.

Since this was his second Appleseed and he enjoyed the experience, he elected to take an Orange Hat.

Huzzah!     Wisconsin has a new Orange Hat.    Welcome, CCPBecwar, to the instructor ranks.   

A special thanks to Dan 1 and Dan2  for all the prep work, recruiting, providing lunch both days,  and making the job of the Shoot Boss a lot easier.

pics to follow, as soon as I can figure out how to edit and resize them

martin

Well done to all, looks like a really nice event. Congratulations to Dan1 on the RedHat!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Texas T

Wow. One weekend, two hats.

Contrats Dan1, and thanks for your hard work, dedication, and time spent working to achieve this level. You dedication will be appreciated by many as time goes on.   :bow:

CCPBecwar, thanks for stepping forward. I hope that you experience some of the same benefits with your hat that I have with mine. In studying the material, in order to teach it, the more I teach, the more I learn. Even after I've studyed it and teaching it the first couple of times, I still learn more. When I look back over the past summer, it is amazing how much I have learned in such a short time.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Dan 1

I appreciate all the help I have received on the way  the instructors I have had contact with along the road have been professional, dedicated, and engaged with their students. It encourages me as I strive to do everything better.  What amazes me about Appleseed is the sheer number of VOLUNTEERS working toward a common purpose to save this country  not by sitting on the couch wringing their hands over what should be done but getting out there, sacrificing time and treasure to get it done,  preserving the liberty.  My favorite memory of the weekend was strangely not receiving the red hat although that was dear.  It was a comment by Andrew on Saturday morning.  He said that recently they were studying the Revolutionary War in school (Andrew is 16) The teacher asked if anyone knew about the start of the War. He told the class what he knew.  When the teacher asked where he had learned this.  He said Appleseed taught him,  and then was given the opportunity to Seventh step and bring in a poster.  The students do listen and they are given opportunities to spread the story.  I appreciate being given the opportunity to be a part of the education of sleepy Americans and will sacrifice time and treasure to accomplish this.

RTB

Looks like it was another great Appleseed weekend.  ;D
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016