News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO September 24-25, 2016

Started by 209Ken, September 26, 2016, 10:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Well, another great Appleseed event at Bench Rest Rifle Club. The weather felt like summer, but we had clear skies both days so no complaints there. This event was sold out three weeks ahead of time, we had a full line of shooters.
We went through Saturday learning marksmanship and hearing the three strikes of the match. We managed to get in 1 AQT at the end of the day, and Rusty re-qualified with an impressive score of 236. By the way, he cleared his Redcoat target first thing Saturday morning too - this guy can shoot!
On Sunday we reviewed what we learned on Saturday, learned about some Dangerous Old Men and got to shooting some more AQT's. By lunch-time we had two more Riflemen. Brian thought he had a score of 202, but when we added it all up, he actually had a 211 - room to spare! Russell shot a 222, and then followed that up with his center fire AR15 with iron sights and shot a 229!
Ashley finally took the Orange Hat! She is an awesome shooter with so much positive energy - I can't wait to see her share that with other shooters.
I want to give a shout out to Boy Scout Troop 387. Your scouts were safe, respectful shooters. You have much to be proud of. Actually, now that I think about it, our entire line was filled with safe, respectful shooters, thank you all.
I also want to thank Bench Rest Rifle Club, you guys have been so accommodating; storing my target backers for me, not charging any range fees for the shooters, offering loaner rifles, the list goes on and on. I hear over and over from Appleseed shooters how nice the range is, and they haven't even seen the whole thing. I'm looking forward to 2017!

Please post comments and pictures if you have them, I will be posting pictures shortly.

209ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

Group picture time!

Is that a pink rifle I see?

Prone instruction

Still looking at notes? Really?

Pull and Post!

Saturday Rifleman Rusty

Behind the scenes work.

Instructor meeting

Way to go Russell!

Fine shooting Brian!

These ladies can shoot Rifleman scores at will!

Ashley takes the Orange hat. Time to get to work!

Great group of youth shooters!

Appleseed is a family affair

I think this is a record for me getting pictures posted. Thank you IXOYE, I couldn't have done it without you!
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Texas T

Sounds like a great shoot. Congrats to all of those who attained a qualifying score, and Ashley, a special thanks for stepping up. I believe that you will find the opportunity extremely beneficial, as the more you teach the more you will learn.   :bow:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

d2331

It was nice to see the line full!  Lots of young shooters and multiple father/son, father/daughter outings.  I heard one of the young guys tell his dad it was the best weekend of all time shortly before packing it up Sunday afternoon.  I'm sure they'll be back next year.  I wouldn't be surprised if several other shooters from the weekend get their patch next year.  The range is a nice, clean facility.  I've only been there a few times but the grass is always nicely mowed for us! 

antique22

Had such a super, fun, time!!  Thank you to Ken, his family, and all the instructors for hosting such a great event.  Always a great bunch of people to meet and shoot with...  Bench Rest Rifle Club is an outstanding facility, very well kept and maintained.   Looking forward to the next event.
Russell

borderraid

I'm always a little apprehensive with a group of younger students. You don't always get the most attentive and safety-conscious with the younger crowd. But these guys were good about following the safety rules and persisting through the AQT grind in spite of the heat. Well done! I hope to see you all back on the line again and with Rifleman patches at the end of the day.

M-Dawg

It was early fall, but it felt like summer to me. I know it is not easy shooting in the heat, but everyone stayed hydrated and hung in there. Way to go!  ;D  I hope to see many of you again next year!

thursday

if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad