News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

/\/\/\ Saratoga New York, September 24-25, 2016

Started by Grumpy1, September 26, 2016, 08:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

This was a Great Weekend for Appleseed.

First of all, I would like to thank the members of SaraSpa Rod and Gun Club, for allowing us the use of their Great Range.

22  Students joined us on the line, Fathers and Sons, Fathers and Daughters, Husbands and Wives, some folks travel lond distances from Long Island, Vermont, and Western New York,to attend. Saturday Morning, after The First Strike and the safety briefing, we go down to instruction. We had a good mix of previous Appleseeders, and new students. Students and Instructors got down to business, reinforcing fundamentals, and tightening up groups. We were able to post two legal AQTs by days end.
Sunday morning began with some tailgate rifle maintenance, mounting a scope, and some trigger repair. Dude gave his KD presentation, and then we headed for the line.  We started with "The Redcoat Rumble", team based wake up call. Teams of 3-4 had 60 seconds, and up to 100 rounds to rack up points. Squad#5 took the win with 149points, :~  Nate, Frank, Dan Walt, not bad O0 
We got back to business confiming zeros, and then the much anticipated Cheezit Drill. After that we started Aqts, Aqts, Aqts, and even more Aqts.
We took a break at lunch and were joined by stick mark &) R1sgx2, who did a Awesome job, with a presentation about The Battles of Saratoga! O0. And yes, he did bring the Cannon....
After lunch, some students headed for the 100-200 yard KD Range, while everyone else stayed on Aqts and drills.

Nate took his .22 out to 100-200 working come ups, and scoring hits at 200 :---

Madison took her .223 out to 100-200 shooting some very impressive groups. :---

Dylan took his .308 from a on the fly boresight job to shooting  consistantly 2.25 MOA groups at 200 Yards O0 O0 :--- btw hes 13....

This event produced Alot of  New Rifleman!

Madison with a 211 :~

Nate with a 217  :~

Kevin with a 225  :~

Walt with a 218  :~

We even had some repeat Rifleman

Casie with a 230, and many others over 210 :~

Monica with 214,219, and 236  :~

Bob with 211, 216, 231  :~

Dan with 237 :~

Maisey 227, 235 :~

Apologies to our repeat Saturday Rifleman, I did not record your scores :slap:

We had some Young Patriots as well, Mattew and Dylan, Great Job!

This Event ran Great, and I owe that to a Awesome Crew of Instructors,  R1sgx2, Nortoga, Sureshot, longrange, dude, historybuff, MPH_Vt,  drifter52, Keith1, and sharebare, you all make my job easy, Thanks for the Help!

Remember Proctor Vt October 22-23, see you there.

Pictures below, post em if you got em
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

pictures

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

more pictures

Benjamin Franklin

Thomas Jefferson

historybuff

What a fantastic weekend! Everyone did a great job ^:)^ ^:)^ A big thank you to all the instructors, and for letting me shoot over the weekend. Thank Gunny for letting me use your gun :~ to insure I got Rifleman  ;) A big thank you to Dan for letting me shoot your M14 and 1903.  :bow: :bow: Can't wait to see you all in Vermont!!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice."     -Charles de Montesquieu

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy... So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause."    -Star Wars

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Cannibal

This was my first Appleseed event and I loved everything about the weekend.  I want to thank all of the instructors for their patience in dealing with my stock sights then lack of a front sight.

I can't wait for my next one, I hope everyone has fun in Vermont (I can't make it).
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

Rifleman - October 7, 2023 - Dunbarton, NH