News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mt. Pleasant, MI Sep 24-25, 2016

Started by D.O.M., September 26, 2016, 05:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.O.M.

Another event at the Isabella County Sportsmans Club is in the books! A big thank you to Club President Scott DeFrain and all the members for hosting Project Appleseed. (and feeding us sloppy joes on Sunday!!)  ^:)^

We had beautiful, cool Michigan weather for our weekend on the smooth grassy range. It was quite comfortable. Thank you to Snipette for bringing the canopies and for her amazing help (and a great Elizabeth Zane).

A big thank you to all the participants. Without your support of this program, it wouldn't exist.

Congratulations on your second patch, Kyle. Well done! Thanks for bringing your Dad, Bo out to shoot with us. I think I see where you get your abilities from  ;)

Bob, what can I say. You started out real strong. I really thought this was going to be your weekend. You have shown a super human amount of persistence, which speaks volumes about your character. Having you on the line is like shooting with an old friend. I look forward to seeing you again.  :~

Gabe, it was a pleasure to have you on the line. You are a fine young man. I'm glad we got your scope tightened down. That sure helped your group size! :---  I'll keep my eye peeled for a better solution to getting that scope moved farther forward.

Sarah, you are so amazing. Your focus and determination will serve you well in the future. You impressed everyone on the line with how well you ran your bolt action! I may never forget that little 4 shot cloverleaf you shot on the squares target! That's less than 2moa shooting right there! You definitely found your N.P.O.A. each time after operating that bolt!

Brenda, you were doing so well in the beginning and I had high hopes for you. I did see some really small groups, so I know you have the potential! I know you won't give up. Thank you, especially for the coffee Sunday morning. That really helped me out!  :cool2:

Thanks to Brenda's friend, Carol for taking all the pics. Look for a link to be posted soon.

I'd also like to thank the Instructor Cadre` for spending your weekend helping to bail out our sinking ship!

I'll post up the couple pics that I took in the next reply.

Rick
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

Pics!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Snipette

Ask and you shall receive!  Here is the link to all the pictures from the weekend that Carol took.
THanks to all the shooters and family that came out... it was a lovely weekend and a GREAT line!  Loved sharing it with ya'll and hope to see you at other shoots in the future!!
https://www.facebook.com/MichiganProjectAppleseed/photos/?tab=album&album_id=947888668654636
Brenda
"Snipette"
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

"My gear bag has more compartments than ANY purse!" - 3.dogs

Mad Badger

I want to chime in with cheers   ^:)^ to all of the participants and I hope to see you all again at another shoot in the near future. :--- Stick with it, all of you showed that you have what it takes.

Gabe and Sarah...you are both fine examples of who I hope will steer this ship back on course in the future. Great shooting!!! O0 and I hope you both had a great time.

HUGE thanks to D.O.M. for running such a great shoot.  :bow: You are a great mentor and I look forward to working another shoot with you soon. I hope your move goes without a hitch...a round turn with a half-hitch maybe? ;) 73 from KD8MMV

Thanks also to Fly Boy and Gruff for helping me get the hang of things on the Orange Hat side of things.  :sos: You both did awesome jobs with your stories and I hope to do as well some day. You guys made it look easy.