News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP Talladega AL Ladyseed, Sept 17-18, 2016

Started by Google, September 25, 2016, 05:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Google

Seventeen lady shooters gathered on Saturday morning eager to participate in the first Ladyseed at the premier range in the country.  Two thirds of them were attending their very first Appleseed and weren't quite sure what to expect.

The instructor crew was top notch and put them at easy instantly. Gretchen and Red Niva came from GA to join Exodus 15:3, Maximum Ordinate, and Google from AL.  jgarysmith handled registration, with guidance from Gretchen, in his first outing as Applecore.

We started the day with the first strike of the match then moved on to our safety briefing and started with a Redcoat target.  We found that there was work to be done. After learning about the six steps of firing a shot, NPOA, and proper prone position, the size of the groups decreased quickly.  We finished the day with some practice transitioning from standing to prone, instruction and practice with seated positions, and another redcoat target.

Savannah spent the entire day behind her .243 bolt action.  She left with a bruise on her cheek and a huge smile on her face.

Sunday morning started with a few squares targets to sight in some equipment changes then we moved on to AQTs.  At lunch we heard a few "Dangerous Old Women" stories and had a lesson in known distance shooting.  We worked our way through another AQT then shot a final red coat target.  Nancy came close to clearing that target, only missing the shingle by a few millimeters!

We finished the weekend by raising the electronic targets at 100 yards to put our KD lesson into practice.  The instantaneous feedback from the monitors was the perfect way to demonstrate how the shots were hitting low at the longer distance and to make sight adjustments without having to trudge back and forth to the target line in the rain that had moved in during the afternoon.

We ended the day by presenting Anita, frequentflier, with an orange hat.  This was her fourth Appleseed and she had already shown that she knew well what she was about.

Thank you to all the ladies and the instructor crew that made this first Ladyseed at CMP Talladega a very special event.

More photos can be found at the following links:
http://s24.photobucket.com/user/rusty-appleseed/library/2016-09_Talladega_LS?sort=3&page=1
http://s483.photobucket.com/user/dianaappleseed/library/Ladyseed%20CMP%20Talladega%20Sept%202016?sort=3&page=1

frequentflier

It is an Honor and a privilege to be apart of APPLESEED, This as my first Ladyseed, my fourth shoot and my declaration into something I enjoy greatly, Learning about where I am America, and our freedom and shooting guns. The Instruction was great, the range was awesome, and I will return to an event there, and look forward to working with my Orange Hat Under Google soon!

In Liberty
FrequentFlier
"STAND your ground, Don't Fire, Unless Fired Upon, But if they mean to have a war, Let it begin here"
Capt. John Parker, April 19 1775

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
Thomas Paine
Rifleman on June 26 with a score of 211
IIT 0 9/22/2016
IIT 1 10/03/2016
IIT 2 10/14/2016
Long Distance 10/30/2016

Mixed Metaphor

I was very impressed with all.  The attitudes and aptitudes were great.  The instructors did a great job.  The weather was not bad at all.  I truly enjoy meeting new people and hearing the history at each Appleseed.  The CMP range itself and the personnel who operate it are fantastic.  I can't thank them enough.  This was second time there and Randy and Sarah ROCK!!

Thank you to all who participated!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama