News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bakersfield Sept. 17-18, 2016

Started by Cal 7.62, September 25, 2016, 01:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

Sorry this is late.
The weather man said it was gonna get hot and Mother Nature delivered. Despite the heat we were joined by 13 determined, freedom loving Americans.
Once the flurry of activity, (checking in & setting up)   %) was over, we introduced our students to the Redcoats. After getting everyone's score, the redcoats recommended turning on the fire hose of Appleseed instruction.
We were just starting to shoot the squares when some red ants decided to make their presence known right on the safety line! ( I guess as the morning warmed up, they switched from dormant to active). A runner was sent up to the range house to procure some pesticide, and came back with WD40. (It was all they had).  :slap: After a liberal dousing with WD-40 & blue safety paint, the ants left us alone.
Back on the line, we had folks sorting out equipment issues and getting dialed in. Once these problems were addressed, the groups started to shrink. Sunday we were joined by the Link family, some of whom had attended previous Appleseeds.
We ended up with one new rifleman,  :---  Billy,  ^:)^ (sorry I didn't write down your score) and one re-qualifying rifleman, Kennedy.  O0
I know Nick was knocking at the door to rifleman with a 208 score.  :cool2:
Everyone was attentive and improved.  O0
Alas, late on Sunday, the heat finally took it's toll on everyone   $$-0 and we shot the final redcoat of the weekend.
I'd like to thank   :bow: everyone for helping out and making the weekend the success that it was. Hope to see you again.

If anyone has any photos, please post.  :pics:

Special thanks to David (Garand 56) and Paul Link (Trigger Guard) for your assistance.  :bow:

Quote of the weekend, paraphrased - Appleseed IS a safe space!  O0 O0
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington