News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winona, MN Sportsmens Club - September 17/18, 2016

Started by Kosciusko, September 23, 2016, 01:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kosciusko

15 Boy Scouts and Scoutmasters gathered for a weekend of  Appleseed Heritage and Marksmanship,  They were joined by 3 other citizens for a total of 18, nearly filling the range to capacity.  This is the first shoot we've held in nearly 2 years, so it was good to get things moving again.  The shooters were joined by myself, as well as Scope Eye, FreedomV and a first-timer border raider from Wisconsin named SlothMan.

instruction was imparted and targets were shot

the weather was good and we continued to make progress

lunch was taken and then back to the firing line

Cully arrived after 2 pm and relieved your humble narrator so that he could attend the wedding reception of his sister, thus preserving peace and tranquility within the family. (Because I would have    __never__    heard the end of that one.)

On Sunday, we gathered once again and began grinding  out AQTs.

The scores of the Scouts began to rise, and a a couple members of our t group  came within striking distance of a Rifleman patch, but it was not to be.

It was left to Dirk to gain the coveted patch with a score of precisely 210.

Dirk graciously accepted Baptism in the Waters of the North Bridge.  As he did not want his picture taken, we have only memories of this event.

The Scouts returned home, fired with enthusiasm for the cause, vowing to return and persevere.

Thanks to all who came and especially to the instructors who spent a lot of time  and effort getting first time shooters with unfamiliar loaner rifles shooting both  safely and accurately.   A special thanks to Cully who enabled me to meet my commitments to my Appleseed (family) and to my (other)  family.

Slothman

This was a great weekend; I had a great time meeting everybody and helping everybody on their journey to becoming a rifleman!  Everyone was a pleasure to work with.  I'll be back! 

Congratulations to Dirk on his patch!

There were quite a few getting within striking range.  Don't give up!  Keep practicing!

2015-06-06 - Appleseed 1 / Rifleman - Eagle/McMiller, WI
2016-04-16 - Appleseed 2 / IIT - Lodi, WI
2017-08-27 - "Red Hat" Instructor - Monroe, WI