News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nappanee, IN September 24-25, 2016

Started by Rascal21, September 22, 2016, 09:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

Photos have been posted to the Project Appleseed-Indiana Facebook page. I can't add them into the thread while at work so that will have to wait until tonight. If you just can't wait, you can go to https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1029814010468310.1073741831.199799503469769&type=1&l=e2368aab15 and give us a like while you are at it :)

It was great spending the weekend with all of you and hopefully our paths cross again O0

Rascal/Stacy

Click

It was another wonderful weekend at the Nappanee Conservation Club, with the perfect weather for an Appleseed, no rain and not that hot. I would just like to once again send out a big thank you to the club for their hospitality this weekend, it is always a good time there. We had a great group of shooters this weekend, who were eager and ready to learn not only marksmanship but  also about our heritage.

Congratulations to Bill for qualifying and congratulaions to Will for scoring rifleman.. (I'm sure all that water being dumped on you for your 210 felt good). Brian, Alexandra, Mark, Dustin, Steven, and Monty all came really close with weekend with scores right up in the mid to high 190's, remember just keep practicing and be persistent and you will get those riflemen scores. It was a really pleasure having all the shooters on the line this weekend and hope to see everyone of you on the line again.

Thank you to 3.Dogs, Rascal21, Pinkie and Tinman for all your hard work this weekend

now  :pics:

ClickClack

Hi folks, Will here.

As expected, it was both educational and fun. My previous Appleseed last year in Niles had so many people it was ran with two groups taking turns, so this one felt relaxed in comparison. It was also nice not to prone on the right side of an AR firing .300 blackout, getting beaned by its casings would occasionally break my focus.

I took to heart the lessons learned from last year, so I managed to do better this time. I learned that the zero can shift within the course of the day --at least with my rifle, scope and ammo-- so I called every shot and adjusted accordingly. Between the two qualifying AQT scores, I had to move it four clicks up. I was shooting a Ruger Takedown, so that could be part of it.

The dousing was not expected, but considering it was 80 degrees I could use some cooling. By the end of the day my t-shirt was dry! If I scored the 216 before the 210, I would have missed the experience.

I just noticed that Rascal was in Niles last year, I apologize that I didn't remember seeing you. I remember steelthunder, sir kay, tigger, and zazzle though.

Again, my heartfelt thanks to all the instructors. You all obviously put a lot of effort into this, and you sacrificed a perfectly good weekend teaching a bunch of strangers instead of enjoying the time with family.

Did I mention that you are appreciated?

I hope we meet again, one of these days I'll manage to bring my daughter along. Indianapolis and Watervliet are all sold out, so it looks like we have to wait until next year.