News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Byers, CO - Sept 17-18, 2016 - KD

Started by Massasauga, September 20, 2016, 09:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Massasauga

The weather at the Colorado Rifle Club was spectacular for the KD shoot and there was a great group of shooters to teach :cool2: The improvement seen over the weekend was quite remarkable. Five out of nine shooters achieved a rifleman score on AQT Sunday. Way to go!

For a redcoat a steel silhouette target was placed at 300 meters (just over 4 MOA). With each attempt the target began to take on many more rounds (until it finally fell off of the hanger). For the last redcoat on Sunday there were steel targets placed at 500 meters (thanks Ryan for bringing them). This group was definitely up for the challenge.

My thanks go to the awesome group of shooters that came with a teachable attitude; and who helped us get four target lines setup on Saturday. Thanks as well to the instructors that came and helped make this a memorable shoot.
I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.

- Patrick Henry

BrassAngel

Rifleman Selfie!  ^:)^  :pics:
"Look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now."  "I am not throwing away my shot!"
-Hamilton, An American Musical

COJeepGirl

Some pics from Sunday-The Grand Union Flag served as a wind indicator at 200 yards, Brass Bucket pattering the line, standing position 1st stage of the AQT
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

Mellow Yellow

Great working with all of you again.  Another typical sunny Fall day in CO,  could not have been nicer!   Good bunch of student and great turn out. 

I've attached a few pictures from Saturday.

Two sold out shoot remain for CO 2016.

See you on the trail,
Mike
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.  ~ Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
~ Thomas Jefferson

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR500-Precision-Steel-Targets-3-8-thick-6-4-wide-x-4-7-tall-SPRING-SALE-/111908339978?

BrassBucket

KDs are always my favorite shoot of the year and this one was by far the best. Love every second of it! Hope to see all your smiling faces again next year.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

BrassBucket

More photos!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle