News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marriottsville, MD Sept 17-18

Started by Vjornaxx, September 18, 2016, 08:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vjornaxx

Thank you to the Associated Gun Clubs of Marriottsville for graciously hosting another successful weekend of Appleseed! We were pleased to see that 18 shooters answered the call. With three instructors to manage the line, we certainly had our hands full - but every shooter on the line brought a teachable attitude and excellent safe rifle handling skills. Thank you shooters!

Day 1, the shooters put in a lot of hard work and showed dramatic improvement throughout the day. The morning redcoats saw a total of 8 shooters clear a silhouette at any distance; but during the afternoon redcoats, every shooter on the line managed to clear a silhouette at some distance! Impressive!

During our breaks, shooters listened attentively to the Three Strikes and members of AGC who happened to be in the room expressed delight at hearing a history they hadn't learned in school. The message was definitely sent and received!

On Saturday, we were only able to get one AQT in - and we saw our first Rifleman! Joseph B! Many shooters were knocking on the door with scores in the 190s and 200s. I knew that more would earn their patches on Sunday... and I was right! Reda P., Craig S. (shot on a bolt action CZ!), George M., and Marc P. That's 5 Riflemen, four of which earned it for their first time! So many shooters were inching their way through the 190s and breaking in to the 200s... I just KNOW that there are quite a few shooters who will earn their Rifleman patches soon! Keep it up!

Thank you again to AGC Marriottsville! Thank you to BeSwift and CSM00 for helping with instruction! Thank you to Desiree for helping keep the administrative side flowing smoothly and volunteering for a blue hat! Finally, thank you so much to the students who came out and persevered! I look forward to seeing all of you again!
"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true."