News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pelham, TN Sept. 9-10, 2016

Started by Regulator, September 18, 2016, 12:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regulator

It was an exceptionally hot weekend for early September, but 10 shooters and 4 instructors turned out. On Friday, we had to alter the pace of the day in the afternoon in order to give the shooters enough time to find some shade and stay hydrated between strings of fire. Even so, we were able to get all of the instruction in, along with an AQT. Although everyone was wrung out, the shooters wanted to get an early start on Saturday, so by 7:15 we were arriving at the range and setting up. The range gave us the use of several pop-up canopies on Saturday, which made the heat much more bearable. Johnny Reb, Overmountain Man, and I were joined by SI Ramblin' Wreck on Saturday. We did a review of the instruction, and got busy on the line. The shooters were motivated and showing lots of improvement. By the end of the day Bill, Jacob, and Karl had scored Rifleman scores! Huzzah!  ^:)^ Amanda (195) and Jesse (193) were really close. I'm looking for both to qualify at the next Appleseed!

One of the highlights of the weekend was being able to promote Johnny Reb to Red Hat. He's a fine instructor and a young man who knows very much what he is about. Rebekah asked to take a Blue Hat and Karl is interested in taking an Orange Hat after he attends his second event. We are very grateful for the help!

It was a great shoot with a bunch of great folks! I can't wait to do it again!

Pics to follow
RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14