News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WE'RE BACK!- Shoot at Proctor VT Oct 22-23

Started by GMB74, September 14, 2016, 06:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMB74

IT'S OFFICIAL!

Permission has been obtained from the Club to have a shoot at the Proctor Fish & Game Club, Proctor VT

OCTOBER 22-23, 2016

Details to be posted as soon as they are available

A BIG thank-you to all the volunteers involved in getting Appleseed-VT back on the map!

scuzzy

Are you ready to put it up on the official schedule?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Grumpy1

Quote from: scuzzy on September 14, 2016, 10:31:41 AM
This event CAN be scheduled for registration, the only change to EIP ,will be 22 rimfire only
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

GMB74

YES
Checked in with Grumpy1 and MPH_VT
We are good to go

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

dwarven1

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

VietVet

Thanks to Grumpy1 & MPH_VT for getting Vermont back up on their feet.
Hopefully this will awaken the sleeping VT crew and we'll see more events in VT in the near future.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

dwarven1

Quote from: VietVet on September 29, 2016, 09:43:13 AM
Hopefully this will awaken the sleeping a VT crew and we'll see more events in a VT in the near future.

Believe it or not, one problem is a lack of ranges. There aren't a lot of gun clubs since most folks can just go out to the back yard and shoot. And Proctor requires (last I heard) a member to be on hand, and their membership is capped. Jericho needs to be scheduled way out in advance, but I'm pushing our local contact (that would be Nickle) to get one scheduled.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

loosh

Quote from: dwarven1 on September 29, 2016, 09:54:34 AM
Quote from: VietVet on September 29, 2016, 09:43:13 AM
Hopefully this will awaken the sleeping a VT crew and we'll see more events in a VT in the near future.

Believe it or not, one problem is a lack of ranges. There aren't a lot of gun clubs since most folks can just go out to the back yard and shoot. And Proctor requires (last I heard) a member to be on hand, and their membership is capped. Jericho needs to be scheduled way out in advance, but I'm pushing our local contact (that would be Nickle) to get one scheduled.

Precision Valley Fish & Game in Perkinsville (Weathersfield) has an outdoor range of (I think) 300 yards. My stepfather shot in their league for years; if there's interest in a SE Vermont event I can ask if he knows who can be talked to there.

dwarven1

Quote from: Grumpy1 on September 17, 2016, 08:15:29 AM
Quote from: scuzzy on September 14, 2016, 10:31:41 AM
This event CAN be scheduled for registration, the only change to EIP ,will be 22 rimfire only

So... What time should I be there on Saturday?

And if anyone needs any loaner rifles, I'm bringing my two 10/22s. Both LTRs, one scoped, one with Tech-Sights.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

dwarven1

Well, we're less than 48 hours out and the forecast for Saturday is 80% chance of rain and a high temperature of 45 degrees.

DRESS WARMLY and in something WATERPROOF. You'll be lying on your shooting mats IN THE RAIN. And make sure that you've got oil handy for your rifles for Saturday night. In fact, give 'em a good wipe with an oily rag before you get there. They WILL get wet.

And Sunday morning has a possibility of SNOW showers before 9 AM, then rain. High of 47. Grumpy1, best be sure you have some Winterseed patches handy in case it gets even colder!  >:D

Be prepared.

GEORGE WASHINGTON