News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elverson, PA - 2016Sep10-11

Started by mal, September 13, 2016, 06:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Wow, this event was awesome, as they usually are.  Due to a couple cancellations we ended up with only 8 shooters, which allowed us a bit of extra room and a better student-to-instructor ratio... not that the extra space caused any fewer pieces of hot brass from burning our attendees...  Buuut we did get 4 new Riflemen out of it!  We also turned out 4 new PA 1st Rifles (cleaned redcoats for all you outside of PA). 

PA also turned out another fine full instructor this past weekend.  Congrats to JamesT for completing his IIT4 PC and earning his Red Hat.  You make us proud, mate ;-)

Our first Rifleman was Bill, scoring a 216.  Not to be outdone Bill's daughter Lani stepped up and said, "I can do that!" and also scored a 216.  Congrats to you both! 

Not long after that Jack joined the two-teen Rifleman ranks with a 213.  And a QDAQT or so later Brian joined the "216 gang" with his Rifleman score.  Congrats to you both as well! 

And like I just mentioned, we also handed out 4 PA 1st Rifles patches; Bill, Keith, Jack and Chis.  Nicely done!

With how well everyone was shooting this weekend I honestly though we'd have a couple more Rifleman.  Pretty much to a (wo)man, they were all drilling the black like no other class I've had.  Keep practicing and come on back!  I'd have loved to hand out more Rifleman patches, but I'll settle for 50% every month :-) 

Steve, Keith, Chris and Nathanael, keep practicing.  It takes on average 3 events to score Expert, but I think you guys will be doing it in two :-)

I have to also thank an awesome crew for the success.  Thank you RoverAce, Navionpa & JamesT.  You guys are the best! 

I have some pics below, but I think I'm short, like Bill's cleaned redcoat.  If you have pics to share, please post'em! 

Thank you all for coming out and I truly hope to see you all again! 
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

PA's newest Red Hat Instructor, JamesT. 
This We'll Defend.
Congrats mate!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Our father-daughter twin scoring duo, Bill and Lani. 
This We'll Defend.
Congrats to you both!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Oh, did I fail to mention Lani also shot a 210?  We all know what that means... 
Baptism by North Bridge Water!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Our next Rifleman Jackso...err, I mean Jack.  Just Jack :-P  Congrats dude!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

And another Rifleman to enter the ranks, Brian.  Congrats, shipmate.
Respect.  Honor.  Devotion to Duty. 
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

And to our PA First Rifles, Keith, Bill, Lani, Brian & Chris; congrats to you all!
Keith, Bill, Lani, unless my notes are wrong I'm missing some pics.  My apologies!

~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Our second youth at the event, Nathanael.  Keep shootin', bud.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

JackE

Thanks Mal! I know somebody took Keith's picture!

CoastieB

Mal,
  Thanks for another fantastic Appleseed experience. It was great meeting you and adding/refining skills and getting more time on tools. You and the other red hats are outstanding Patriots passing on the art and science of rifle marksmanship. THANK YOU!   
For other Appleseed participants thinking "I'm not sure if I should go to another one...". My advice is: GO AGAIN. Whether you shot Rifleman or not the first time (I shot 217 at my first event). The amount of additional technique and good habits you solidify at multiple Appleseeds cannot be overstated. Plus, where else can you make such great friends and spend fun quality time with other proud Americans amidst the smell of cordite?  ;D.  And when you clean the Redcoat, you're like  ^:)^
Looking forward to our next event, where I hope we can bring some new prospective riflemen with us!

Thanks again, Shipmates.
Fair winds and following seas,
Brian

CoastieB

Mal,
Also, I was excited to do some research on the First PA Rifles, and found this hallowed artifact; it answers some of the questions we had:
http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/2014/americana-vo-n09100/highlights-from-important-americana/2014/01/the-revolutionary-se.html

The Continental Quartermaster General misunderstood that the First Rifles were a Pennsylvania Militia, instead of being the Continental Regiment, that they were. So, when he ordered the Colors and unit Seal, the abbreviated "PM 1R" for "Pennsylvania Militia First Rifles." Very interesting.

CoastieB

Sorry, I meant, "Pennsylvania Militia, First Regiment."

JackE

Does anybody else have pictures?  Were any action shots taken?

mal

Thanks for the info Brian.  I should have remembered that.  I won't forget again.

Jack, I do try to get at least one shot of the line(s) in each position, but all I remembered to take was one long shot of prone.  I'LL post it as soon as I get home.

Posted.  Looks like you finished before everyone else!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams