News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, FL Isaac Davis Memorial Range KD 10 Sept 2016

Started by Engineer shooting, September 13, 2016, 12:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Hot KD this weekend 110 heat index. Gary the ex-Airborne Ranger came, less than two weeks ago had a table saw accident that completely split the first bone in his trigger finger (right hand). It hurt just to look at it, shooting left handed he was grimacing with each shot. The grit it took was something to see, and I'm not that easy to impress.  O0 O0

Chuck and Chris retired their Orange hats with a BANG. Randy is next, the last of the Tallahassee 1-15 RBC  graduates going for the Red Hat.  ..:..
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

Good times had by all at the IDMR.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Salt Water Shooter

A big HUZZAH to Chris who went all out and earned his new Red Hat. Well deserved, not many I know have so unselfishly contributed to the Appleseed Mission. You have always been ready to pitch in from Blue Hat to Red Hat, always with a smile and good humor. It is an honor and a privilege to share the journey with you.
"The company of just and righteous men is better than wealth and a rich estate." Euripides

gunjunkie

Would like to thank Ken and Lori as they are always wonderful host. It was a hot weekend but a great one, my first KD using a scope and must say I felt as if I were cheating. I would be lying if I said it was easy as you must use your rifleman's skills to succeed, just saying it is easier with a scope. I look forward to the next event at the IDMR. I would also like to thank Ken and Lori for being such inspirational mentors and for all the great instruction and advice provided along the way to my new red hat.

Thanks!       
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

BaldEagle

A big thanks to Ken and Lori for the hospitality and hosting such a great event. Also I want to say what a nice facility. This was my first time to the range and my first KD. Being my first time here I felt very welcome and enjoyed meeting all that were there. It indeed was hot as gunjunkie said! I look forward to coming back up for the IBC in November. Thank you all  for a great weekend.

Lucky Lori

It was a another  great  weekend.  thanks for all who  came    helped  and enjoyed  shooting.  See you again  soon  hopefully.
Lucky  Lori