News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion Sept 10-11 2016

Started by Chewie, September 12, 2016, 08:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

Welcome to the Marion Appleseed After Action Report. We had a great turn out of shooters for both days, beautiful weather, great company and 4 brand new Rifleman and 1 requal. Thank you to the Egyptian Rifle and Pistol Club for hosting us.

Saturday we had 8 shooters all of whom haven't attended an Appleseed before. Little shower in the morning gave way to a sunny day and 1 brand new man who knew who he was about. Great improvements across the board and the first ever full day with no misfires (they came on Sunday). Students were very active and engaged during all aspects of the instruction and history.

Sunday we had 9 shooters with 3 more who now know who they are about and one qualification. Beautiful weather the whole day everyone got some sun and a few baby ticks but nothing to worry about. Small moment for 15 years since 9-11 along with some heartfelt story telling about the DOM/DOL and their sacrifices in hope for freedom and liberties.

Thanks to UnlceLarry and NewRifleman for helping out with instruction and helping the shooters discover their Heritage.

Pix to come soon

'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

NewRifleman78

Great shoot this weekend with great instruction and a lot of students who were eager to learn, and determined to earn that patch!  Here are a few photos I took. 
First Appleseed - July 23-24, 2016
Qualified Rifleman - July 24, 2016 , 227/250 on AQT, 25m
First KD - July 24, 2016, 35/50 on AQT

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." ― John Adams

Proto

It was a blast attending the Appleseed. I went in as ready as I could for day one and was extremely happy to qualify on my second AQT.  Second day was still amazing. I sure didn't expect day one to take as much out of me as it did.
First Appleseed- 9/10/2016

NewRifleman78

Proto receiving his rifleman patch.  Congrats!

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." ― John Adams

NewRifleman78

The line

NewRifleman78

More of the line.

NewRifleman78

2 of our other 3 new riflemen.

NewRifleman78

More of the line.

Proto

Quote from: NewRifleman78 on September 13, 2016, 10:28:09 PM
Proto receiving his rifleman patch.  Congrats!

Thanks for posting! A KD event is my next goal after I pick up a center-fire. I currently just have about 3 22lrs and a 17hmr in my arsenal.

NewRifleman78

KD events are fun.  I know there is one in Park City, KY on Oct. 8-9.  Not sure how much of a drive that is for you.  I think I'll be attending and if so you could use one of my rifles. 

Proto

Looks to be a 4 hour drive for me. We will see what I can do.

crazybolt213

Big thanks to chewie, new rifleman, and uncle larryd for helping to show me what real shooting is all about. Loved the Appleseed program and scoring rifleman on the 15th anniversary of 09/11, it meant a lot to me and something i will never forget.
I can't wait to do another one and a KD!

NewRifleman78

With a bolt action none the less!!  Kudos to you sir!  You certainly earned that patch!  Perseverance at its finest!