News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Blue Ridge, GA September 10-11, 2016

Started by CokeGuy, September 12, 2016, 01:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

We had a great turn out in spite of the very hot weather, and we had a fantastic cadre of instructors. It is always a pleasure having Senior Instructor, DrJohn...we ALL, again, learned a lot from him. Thank you, sir.

All participants arrived with, and continued to have, a very teachable attitude, as evidenced by the improvement on the hits count (Red Coat) targets. Joe B. shot a Rifleman score of 230 on Sunday afternoon and asked for an Orange Hat? Huzzah, Joe! Welcome to the Appleseed family. Looking forward to working with you.

Hats off to all the young and older folks who stayed the course in spite of the grueling heat. Rick S, you are a trooper...using a cane to get up from prone rather than shooting from a bench. Recover and come again.

Hank C performed in a very respectable manner while arriving with and suffering from a broken rib...Riflemen persist, Hank, and you surely did.
Joe S, you are knocking on the door, my friend. Come again soon to finish the course and take home the Rifleman patch.

As Shoot Boss, I am very proud of the conduct of all the participants and especially the instructors. Thanks to all.

DrJohn

Commendations to all our gallant students, who continued through the hot weather and persisted with determination, enthusiasm, and commendable safety. From the improvement in scores on our Hits Count! or Redcoat target between Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon, there was a significant improvement. And I hope that you appreciate how well you all did. But let us remember that shooting is but a distant second in importance to the message of Liberty. We all deeply appreciate the attention and respect that was so evident during the recitation of the Story of April 19, 1775. And the thoughtful questions and animated discussions that followed. God bless you all. We hope to see all of you again soon, and may Liberty increase forever!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....