News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Volga, Iowa, 10-11 Sep 2016

Started by IXOYE, September 11, 2016, 10:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a phenomenal shoot in Volga this weekend. On Saturday we had 29 shooters and Sunday we had 23 shooters. A great number were newbies but they did a fantastic job despite their inexperience. Everyone should be proud of their progress! Both days went long with Saturday ending around 6:00 pm and Sunday ending a little after 5:00 pm. The weather was nearly perfect except for a moderate head wind that was consistent both days. Everyone showed great stamina and attitudes that would have made our founding fathers proud. On Sunday we gained another rifleman and an Orange Hat when Emily's persistence paid off and she shot a 213 on the AQT!

Many many thanks go out to the Osmundsons and their constitutional study group for hosting the event, setting up an event tent, and providing meals for all of the participants! Many thanks also to the instructors who stepped up at the last minute to make this event such a great success (6 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday)

I will post pictures from our event in the next day or two.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Texas T

Sounds like a great event. Congrats, Emily, and thanks for stepping up. Studying the materials, and preparing to teach them, will be a great education for you as well as your future students. I have found that I have learned much in my own preparation time.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Twineagles

Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

MCZplus

A great thank you to all of the instructors and Shoot Boss, and don't forget the new Orange Hat, congrats on the persistence.
Mike
1st Appleseed: 2015-10-03_Volga_IA
3rd Appleseed/Rifleman(216/219): 2017-09-23_Volga_IA
5th Appleseed/Rifleman(225): 2019-09-28_Volga_IA

Drfury

Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

Ames

What a fun event!  I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and hanging out with them to talk about our American heritage and learn rifle marksmanship.  Everyone's attitude was terrific and they worked HARD.  Just when I didn't think anyone had another AQT in them on Sunday afternoon, they were still wanting to go another round!  We instructors all saw tremendous improvement across the board.  Keep persevering and it will pay off!

I'd also like to thank our hosts for the venue, food and their tremendous hospitality.  You guys are awesome!

Cort

Ames

Here's our new rifleman and orange hat.   Congrats Emily! That orange hat suits you.  (But red will look even better!)  You'll notice in one of the pictures she is wasting no time getting started on instructing.   ^:)^

Ames

We also had these two clear their red coat targets.  Way to go Holly and Emily!!  O0

Ames

The weather was perfect with a great turnout in students, instructors, hosts, and helpers.  A great team effort all around.

25/20Marlin

I was surrounded the entire week end by people I am proud to call friends.

Emily, you go girl!!  Your smile with your rifleman's patch and the AQT is the perfect payment to all Appleseed instructors.  Also, Holly's "cleaned Redcoat" smile makes the week end worth while.

IXOYE

Here are some pictures from the weekend

Here is our group at the end of the day on Saturday

Cort helping out on the line

Working on equipment

Andi shooting like a trooper

Excellent form

Anne resting between shots

Checking targets

Working on prone

Checking targets

Steve helping Monica

Doing well with standing

Shannon explaining the course of fire

Ron finds his spot in seated

Checking more targets

Cort contemplating his observations

Cort demonstrating prone steady hold factors

Emily shooting her rifleman score!

Karen using her time wisely

Monica bearing down on her target

Julie shot like a champ all weekend

Holly knocking at the door of rifleman

Shooting our last AQT of the day

Our first time at seated

Waiting for the prep period to end

Waiting for the fire command

Cort giving more instructions

Emily earns her rifleman patch !!!

Another happy shooter

Holly clears her last Red Coat !!!

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)