News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CARE Appleseed September 10, 2016

Started by Polonius, September 11, 2016, 06:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polonius

This is the second time we had the pleasure to host CARE - a Chinese American gun club from Raleigh. The members of CARE are extremely friendly people, and they showed up on time with great attitudes.

The shooters were attentive, and they faithfully did everything we asked of them. It makes instructing fun when you have shooters who actually listen - and their improvement was outstanding. This was the first time some of the shooters had ever held a rifle. Another instructor bonus this day: CARE provided lunch for the instructors!

My thanks go out to Shelly, who coordinated the event with the club. She did a great job getting it organized on their end. Also, I would like to thank the experienced crew of instructors who made the day go off without a hitch: Kardiak Kid, Moylan, Hornblower, Santander, and Creeky Knees. It's always fun to have these guys on the line.

KARDIAK KID

What a fantastic group of shooters, most had shot pistols and shotguns before, but the majority had their first experience with the rifle at this event. The progress make for a one day shoot was astounding.
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I've wanted to ask them –
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!
Audie Murphy