News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX September 10-11, 2016 Ladyseed AAR

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, September 09, 2016, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

College Station Ladyseed Weekend Shoot Sept 10-11, 2016

We had 18 shooters on the line Saturday for the Cawthon Range's FIRST Ladyseed event! Many of them are part of a Girl and a Gun group. I want to thank Mustang Sally for asking WHEN a ladies event could happen - because it did happen.

Ghostring, Baminal, Tank5, Doorkicker and myself served as instructors.

The forecast indicated that rain was likely. The Engineering Team devised a canopy covered firing line that worked really well.

Lots of clouds and mist when I arrived at the range.

Safety briefing

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Prep period for the Hits Count Target

Ghostring cracking the whip - 'er, I mean being helpful

An awesome group of ladies hold up their first Hits Count Redcoat targets
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

The 6 steps to firing the shot

I will post some more later...
Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

Good shoot.

And we need to get ol' Ghostring on the SB trail next.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Quote from: scuzzy on September 13, 2016, 02:44:32 PM
Good shoot.

I think his journey to the green hat has begun... >:D
Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on September 13, 2016, 02:46:04 PM
Quote from: scuzzy on September 13, 2016, 02:44:32 PM
Good shoot.

I think his journey to the green hat has begun... >:D

lol - what? was he voluntold?

Reminds me of a comedy I saw once. Bunch of guys in the Army standing in line facing the Sgt. The Sgt says 'I need a volunteer to step forward.'

All of the guys in the line, except for the new guy (FNG), took one step back. The FNG was now standing at the front of the line.

Weezer

Sound like you had a great weekend!    And yes, I do think green becomes Ghostring... ;D ~~:)

Thanks to all of you guys for stepping up and to SNAiTF for pulling together dates for the ladies and making this Ladyseed a reality.   I think Texas should start a tradition of Ladyseeds staffed by good looking male instructors!   ;) ;D
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

Quote from: Weezer on September 13, 2016, 09:54:57 PM
Sound like you had a great weekend!    And yes, I do think green becomes Ghostring... ;D ~~:)

Thanks to all of you guys for stepping up and to SNAiTF for pulling together dates for the ladies and making this Ladyseed a reality.   I think Texas should start a tradition of Ladyseeds staffed by good looking male instructors!   ;) ;D

Our pleasure! Aside from Ghostring, Tank5, Doorkicker and Baminal - each of whom is devilishly handsome - we'll keep a look out for those that look good enough to qualify.  %)

History and more instruction

Ladyseed Man Slave

Shooters did not quite get to AQT targets on Saturday. They did show improvement on their hits count targets.

Ladyseed Man Slave

Fortunately the rain stayed away on Saturday and instead pummelled Houston to our South. There was no CS mud to enjoy. Strange, strange times for the Cawthon range.

Gaby sent this picture of me doing a Strike while expounding on the delights of Ricola!

(Take away the Ricola and tie my hands and you'll have silence...) ;)

Ladyseed Man Slave

Sunday 15 shooters returned. After having the shooters recite Safety and review information we began with a Hits Count. Is that a great looking group or what?

Ladyseed Man Slave

Ladyseed Man Slave

Doorkick sneaks in a requalification while the ladies are not looking. He scored 227 IIRC.

The rain stayed away Sunday as well, giving us the first dry event of the year.

I counted 4 AQT targets that were completed.

Tank5, Ghostring and Baminal brought canopies that made the heat quite tolerable. I believe we will continue covering the firing line in this manner.

The ladies at this shoot were an absolute joy to work with and showed marked improvement.

I look forward to another Ladyseed in the future.
Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

scuzzy

Quote from: sleepy Joe on September 21, 2016, 04:28:54 PM
at least on Saturday

Cool. Bet Steve would like to see you there.

Finally got me another bike - XL1200L. Stage 1 pipes (loud) and intake. And dynojet tuner.

Ladyseed Man Slave

Weezer

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on September 20, 2016, 09:28:37 PM

Gaby sent this picture of me doing a Strike while expounding on the delights of Ricola!

(Take away the Ricola and tie my hands and you'll have silence...) ;)

I know what I'm getting you for Christmas.   Watch for an Alps Horn shaped package in the mail sometime in December, SNAiTF!
**)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins