News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Niles, MI September 10-11, 2016

Started by SteelThunder, September 09, 2016, 10:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

So.  Very. Tired.

But also invigorated.

26 outstanding Americans, braved the storms on Saturday to find the beauty on Sunday.  9 (yes, you read that right...9) new Riflemen...and 6 of them were first time Appledseeders!  1 new Shoot Boss. 1 new Orange Hat.  1 new Blue Hat. Some excellent dry rub BBQ with Carolina Mustard sauce

What more could a man want?

:pics:
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Snipette

3 Riflemen the first day!?  Are you kidding me!  You guys rocked it out at Niles!!!  I can hardly wait to see what you do tomorrow, without the rain! (Maybe it's the rain that make riflemen grow?)  ;)  In the mean time, take a peak at the all pictures from today: 
https://www.facebook.com/MichiganProjectAppleseed/photos/?tab=album&album_id=935719423204894
Snipette
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

"My gear bag has more compartments than ANY purse!" - 3.dogs

tomahawk

2 clicks low

9 Riflemen. 9. Out of 26 shooters. That's a third. Wow.
How did it happen? I was fortunate to border raid this shoot. We only had 1 IIT0. Great IIT, will be a SB in no time. There were like 10 RH and above through out the weekend, most SB or better with knowledge oozing out of every pore. History like you were there, marksmanship that speaks for its self.
I gotta go to Michigan more often.

Come for the BBQ, stay for the history.

Thanks to all for a great weekend

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

AmmoCan

Thanks again for the experience. I will definitely be coming to another Appleseed. Semper Fritos!
"Ammo cans make great seats." - Patrick Miller
"You must unlearn what you have learned." - Yoda

2 clicks low

Quote from: AmmoCan on September 12, 2016, 11:53:55 AM
Thanks again for the experience. I will definitely be coming to another Appleseed. Semper Fritos!

Ok. When you shoot rifleman I will commission you as a Field Admiral of Grenadiers in the 802nd Niles Chairborne artillery.

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Click

What an unbelievable weekend in Niles. Lots of positive energy from the shooters, a great instructor group. Everything you need to get 9 riflemen out of 26 shooters. Just remember if you didn't get that rifleman score this weekend persist and practice and you'll get there. It was truly a pleasure to meet all of our shooters and hope to see you all on the line in the future.

Snipette

So I was a little picture happy this weekend.... More posted on our facebook page!  (A second album)
https://www.facebook.com/MichiganProjectAppleseed/photos/?tab=album&album_id=937359753040861
Go check them out!
Shooters-  You guys and gals were terrific!  Thanks for making the weekend amazing!
Congrats to our new riflemen/women, our new "hats" and our new volunteers.  Thanks for getting behind this and helping!
Looking forward to seeing you at the range!
Brenda
(Snipette)
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

"My gear bag has more compartments than ANY purse!" - 3.dogs

SteelThunder

A couple of my favorites

9 Riflemen

Your instructors
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Texas T

What a report! What an event! Congrats to all of the new riflemen, shoot boss, orange hat, blue hat, participants...   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Click

My only question is.. who gave that crazy man near the TnT a lighter??  ;D ;D

Westley Richards

I finally attended an Appleseed event this past weekend at Bend of The River Gun Club in Niles, Michigan. What a Hoot!!

Westley Richards

We ( my cousin and I) shot in the rain, rolled in the mud, and swatted bugs, on Saturday. On Sunday we seared our bodies on our Grillin' shooting mats, ejected hot .22 shells on each other, and scored Rifleman!  What a weekend!!

SteelThunder

Quote from: Westley Richards on September 13, 2016, 11:19:22 AM
We ( my cousin and I) shot in the rain, rolled in the mud, and swatted bugs, on Saturday. On Sunday we seared our bodies on our Grillin' shooting mats, ejected hot .22 shells on each other, and scored Rifleman!  What a weekend!!

It was great to have you out over the weekend.  Funny how we can do all those unpleasant things and still come away happy!
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis