News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread for Newark Oct 1 & 2, 2016

Started by Corvette, September 02, 2016, 12:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

This is a planning thread for the Newark shoot Oct 1 & 2, 2016.
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

Finalizing, but planning on being there. I'd like to work on my pc's, maybe even some history, we'll see. Whats the sleeping situation like therem

Charley

Looks like Yankee and I will be coming at least for Saturday....I'd like the 2nd strike, maybe the 3rd too. Not too sure yet if we will be there for Sunday or not.

Texas T

I can cover the first strike and Dangerous Old Men (Lamson, Whittemore and Wyman), as I'd like to see if I can get these signed off.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Corvette

Sound great, will detail assignments as it get closer.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

goodoldfriend

I am coming to shoot on Sunday....I have to work Saturday.

I will probably drive up late Saturday night and crash somewhere.

Will see how I can do after some more practice.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Corvette

little buddy

We only need two more students for another sold out event this year we have more sold out events I think since I have been part of this program we are doing great.

little buddy

Corvette

Everybody,

We just had the civil air patrol from Richenbacker air base take 10 slots at this shoot. We need 2 more for a sell out. Come on let's find the last two shooters and sell out this shoot to make our total 13 for the year.

Go get em.

Corvette

little buddy

Great job Ohio another sold out shoot.

little buddy

goodoldfriend

I see the information for this shoot says that primitive camping is available on site. I will not be there Saturday as I have to work until 11 PM. My plan is to leave work and head up. Camp overnight and participate Sunday.

How will I find the area in which to camp? Is there a fee for the use of the primitive site?

Thanks, Matt
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Texas T

No change for camping. If you look at it on Google maps,  you'll see the parking lot off the main road. The building straight ahead, at the right side end of the lot is the entrance to the range. There is a concrete pad at the right side of the lot, just outside the building. We camp on the grass just to the right of the concrete pad and just about under the flagpole. There is plenty of room for parking without having to haul your gear very far to set up camp. I'm not certain how many will be camping, but you should see my small tent trailer set up. When I was there a couple of months ago, they locked up the building overnight. The rest rooms are inside, so you may want to make a pit stop before arriving.

See you there.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

goodoldfriend

Thank you for the information.

Since I will probably be arriving after 1 AM I will do my best to be quiet.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

little buddy

just a reminder the firing line should be set up about 30 feet out for the student's will be in the sun. Last year it was set up in the shaded area and we were all cold. Corvette can let you know how it went last year in October.

Little buddy

Texas T

Thanks for the reminder. Will we see you there?

MI IBC, February 2017

cwcdl79

Guys, somethings come up and I won't he able to be there. I'm very sorry. SB has the details and can provide.
Dom.

Texas T

Sorry to hear that. Catch up with you on the next one.

MI IBC, February 2017

little buddy