News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

******National Rifle Association Whittington Center Raton, NM Aug 27-28, 2016

Started by TaosGlock, August 30, 2016, 12:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaosGlock

Another fantastic Appleseed.  O0
10 shooters, 4 new Riflemen and a weekend the Founders would be proud of!

This event was awesome, in part due to the great American patriots who showed up!

Here are a few pics to start.
More later.....
Our awesome instructor crew of Jones and  Taos_Dovahkiin121 on the line with my wife Bluefeather as Line Boss and Shoot Boss.

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

TaosGlock

Cease Fire, Cease Fire, Cease Fire! Stand Easy!
Let em pass thru...
The 300 yard man size steel target is in the background.

KD is our claim to fame at this range. Whether rimfire...

Or centerfire....like this M1 Garand...
Put the tip of the front sight at the base of the 300 yard target for that 6:00 hold we talked about.
Hold the rifle steady and squeeeze the trigger.

Or this 303 Enfield...A superb long range rifle and highly under rated.

Or a favorite of many Riflemen, the M1A...

Or reach out with a 338 Lapua, a popular cartridge for Lady Liberty out here in the wide open expanses of the free states of the West.
This cartridge will remain supersonic to over a mile!
Below Jason and Jones work out data for the 925 yard man sized steel.

The results are always satisfying....

Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

TaosGlock

Our first 3 Riflemen!  Congrats! One more will make it on the last AQT of the day for a total of 4 Riflemen!

Congrats to Micah, Jason and Gregg (between BF/TG)!
Solid rifleman scores and great guys to spend a weekend with!

Tools of the rifleman:

TaosGlock

Summer beauty at the NRA WC has no peer.  The Coors Range is to the left with the long red roofed building.

Bluefeather does a GI sling adjustment as Jason decides to change over from his "carry strap" type sling.
What a difference the GI sling will make to your shooting! He later shot an Expert score on the AQT!

Jone and Taos_Dovahkiin121 go over the positional check points for the standing position.

AQT time at the beautiful NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM.

Center up for instruction!
Our awesome crew of Taos_Dovahkiin121, Jones and Bluefeather.

This buck in full velvet wisely hangs off to the side of the range.

Ramblin' Wreck

One of your UKD events in the near future may have a couple of guys from east of the Mississippi if the one who still has to be gainfully employed can get off long enough.  ;D

Beautiful territory.

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

TaosGlock

Can you hit a target at 25 yards? How about at 500 yards? Whether you are new to the shooting sports or a seasoned shooter Appleseed will be able to teach you a thing or two.

For the new shooter we can teach you to use your rifle safely and also be able to hit your target. For the seasoned shooter we can teach you to shoot more accurately - even out to 500 yards.

Project Appleseed can help transform you from a man with a rifle into a Rifleman. A Rifleman is more than a man (or woman) with a rifle. A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American. And he knows why: This is a nation founded by Riflemen -- men and women skilled in the use of arms.

Those skills served the colonists well when they stood up to the British on April 19, 1775, at Lexington and Concord, and routed the British forces that tried to seize the colonists' arms. They did it with grit, with determination, and with superior skill in marksmanship. They pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor to the task. And they didn't stop until they had won. Throughout history, Riflemen have embodied personal responsibility and been pillars of their communities, characteristics that are becoming ever more rare in our nation.

At Project Appleseed, we want to return America to being a nation of Riflemen. And we want you to join us
Before the Points of instruction at an Appleseed, the first target often looks like this...not the kind of marksmanship that would birth a nation.

...and after 2 days of applying the fundamentals of precision marksmanship.
Lady Liberty would be proud!

Learn today...teach tomorrow. Here one student helps another with a sling on the KD line:

To get from 300 yards to 600 yards it is a simple dial up on the Garand's rear sight drum.

TaosGlock

I get up before the sun to greet the new dawn and prep my mind for the days event.

The skies here are absolutely beautiful and pollution/smog free.

While I get coffee and breakfast.....

Bluefeather stretches to get ready to get down in the dirt with the shooters.

And later contemplates a plan to get more Riflemen...

Sooo....what could possibly go wrong today?
Well....by 3:00 the skies turned ugly and a hi wind storm with sleet and hail came thru.
We retreated to the building and did the Third Strike/Benediction.
A river runs thru it....

Then went back out and finished the day with KD on the bench area as the ground has 2" water running in front of the firing line.
And the target line was down.
No one quit, what a rugged lot of Americans!!

Contrary to popular belief, the SKS, in the hands of a Rifleman, is quite effective at 500 yards. We even hit the 1000M White Buffalo with one!

scuzzy

Beautiful morning sky pic. Be nice just to sit and watch with a good cup of coffee.

And yeah - I've seen people smoking with an AK/SKS at distance. Never seen AK shooters at 500 though. However at a run and gun I've seen guys with an AK smacking the steel good at  250 yards - they made a lot of the AR shooters look bad.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TaosGlock

We are the descendants of those fearless men and women who founded this great nation. Their dream of liberty has all but disappeared from the hearts of most Americans.
Those original Riflemen held liberty in their hearts and were willing to sacrifice everything to procure it.
Project Appleseed aims to reignite the flame of liberty in the hearts of Americans.

Puddles like this, were used to quench the horrendous thirst of redcoats and colonists alike. So it was often the scene of short conflicts,
thus, more than often, the water was bloody.

The sacrifices of the Rev. War were costly for both sides. Never forget what John Adams said:
"Posterity! you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it."

Back in colonial times, homeland security was a nation of riflemen.
This country was founded on the principles of effective marksmanship.

Therefore, "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
"Well regulated" means well trained. The minutemen were a prime example back then.

We have better firearm technology. Our forefathers had more courage than todays typical firearm "owner" and "internet gun expert".

We are currently suffering a greater per capita amount of oppressive laws and taxes.
Will America prevail using the non-firearms tools the founders gave us, so we do not have to suffer what they went thru?

These flags are more than just pretty representations of the American Revolution. They represent a challenge to tyranny.
Slogans like "Live free or die" and "Give me liberty or give me death" were not just rebellious statements bandied about like bumper stickers today.
The slogans represented a code that was a way of life that defined the American Revolution, which is not the same as the Revolutionary War.

"Don't tread on me."
Like tyranny unchecked...this baby snake will one day grow into something bigger.

TaosGlock

After we handed the British Regulars an embarrassing defeat on April 19th, 1775, Lord Percy of the British Regulars, replied in short:
"They have men amongst them who know very much what they are all about."

15 year old Caedmon is one such man! Congrats on your Rifleman score!

TaosGlock

Captain John Parker of Lexington in his own words regarding April 19th, 1775:

American heritage and marksmanship. For Americans, one can't exist without the other....
The map of Battle Road for April 19th, 1775 with 2 rifles that embody the spirit of marksmanship and patriotism, The M1A and the M1 Garand.
Wood and steel, blood and courage. It is all interwoven to create/maintain liberty.

TaosGlock

Our course is heartily approved by the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program).
Each attendee receives a certificate that enables him/her to purchase a M1 Garand rifle and ammo.

A huge thanks to all the shooters who took time off from their daily lives to get re-acquainted with
their heritage and learn/refresh the fundamentals of precision marksmanship.

A big thanks to my all volunteer instructor crew who worked tirelessly to assist this event.
Thanks!

Thanks to ALL you awesome shooters who showed up and to this event.

A big thanks to the NRA Whittington Staff for the use of the prestigious Coors Range!

And a huge thanks to the Founders who shed blood and sacrificed their fames and fortunes so we could be free men and women.
May their flags fly proud and remind us always of this fact.
We will never forget!

The sun sets on another  Project Appleseed event at the NRA WhittingtonCenter.