News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames, IA AAR August 27 & 28 2016

Started by Rhysling, August 29, 2016, 10:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhysling

We had an awesome weekend for a shoot at the Izaak Walton League range in Ames.  The weather was about all you could ask for in an Iowa summer - 70's and over cast on Saturday and 80s and sunny on Sunday.  We had 20 enthusiastic shooters turn out, including 13 first time attendees.

By the time the shoot ended on Sunday afternoon we had one new rifleman (great job, Jacob!), an additional shooter requalify (nice work, Mike), and several knocking on the door.  Thanks to all the shooters for coming with great attitudes and digging all weekend long!

I'll get some photos posted as they roll in shortly.  Thanks to Mike, Cort, Josh, Joe, and Wayne for your hard work this weekend!

Twineagles

Ames shoots are always awesome the Ikes have a great facility there. We always seem to draw a group of shooters with grit and determination. There were also lots of smiles as groups improved. Even on last AQT you could see shooters checking NPOA working through their steady hold factors.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Ames

Congratulations to this new Rifleman!  Nice job, Jacob!

Ames

Here are some more pictures from the weekend.  This was a great shoot!  Thanks to everyone for coming out.  It was a pleasure to work with you all!  And thanks to Ames Izaak Walton League for hosting us! 

P.S.  I don't know who let the guy with the pink shirt in.   ;D But at least he had a really cool M1 Garand!  Mike was very gracious to let students shoot a couple of rounds from his spiffy M1.