News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fenton, MI August 27-28, 2016

Started by ITB, August 29, 2016, 11:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

What a great weekend.  We had 15 shooters come out on a hot, humid weekend to get reacquainted with their heritage.  Mother Nature threw us a curveball Saturday afternoon with some thunderstorms, so we had to adjourn indoors for about an hour and a half.  We used that time for Second Strike, and to give some of the shooters the chance to get behind the laser rifle to work on developing/utilizing NPOA.  In spite of the delay, we got everything done on Saturday, including an AQT.

Sunday brought more hot and humid weather.  The shooters persisted, even though things got pretty toasty on Sunday afternoon.  We had one Rifleman, Jeremy, and he stepped up to take the Orange Hat!  Huzzah!!

Jami, Charlotte, and Julia - you guys did great on Saturday.  Sorry you couldn't join us on Sunday.  We hope to see you again!
Ed and Bill - you guys are really close.  Ed, that 204 tells me you have all the tools, you just need to put it all together.  And Bill is right behind you.
Mark, Scott and Erik - you three showed some great improvements.  Keep dryfiring and practicing and you'll earn that patch soon enough.
Mark - once you get your sling squared away, you should be on your way, too!
Pierre - glad to see you Sunday.  Hope we can see you at another event.  Great work getting caught up!
Ioannis - you showed a lot grit grinding through the AQTs.  You're almost there.  Keep it up!
Capt John - You had some great groups.  Once you have your standing position a little tighter, you should be ready to earn that patch.
Dave and Jeremy - Jeremy, thank you for stepping up to help us as an instructor.  Looking forward to working with you.  Make sure you bring Dave along to get his patch!

Everyone was doing well, and showed great improvements, both on shot group size and the Red Coats.  I see a lot of future Riflemen (and Riflewomen)!  Keep practicing, and we'll look forward to seeing you all again.  Remember, that early October event at Fenton has a few spots left, and it should be much cooler!

Now, on with some pics....I hope others will post up with theirs!

Checking that everyone is squared away Saturday morning.  Positions looking good!

BlueSteel doing the safety briefing Sunday morning:

IMC Sunday morning:

Teaching standing:

Teaching sitting downrange:

Caliper telling a most-excellent Third Strike:

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

ITB

Bumping this - OP updated with pics!
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Water Wolf

Another great class.  This was my second appleseed and it was almost as good as the first one (a point was taken off for the weather  :) ).  Seriously though, the instruction was well done and the instructors were helpful in critiquing my technique and gave pointers to make it better.  And just as before, some great history and fascinating stories.  Also, I would like to formally apologize to everyone within earshot of my "obnoxious" muzzle break  :--- hopefully it didn't beat anyone up too bad  :)
On a personal note I would like to thank ITB for asking me to join the organization, and I am proud to be able to wear the orange hat.  I look forward to helping out!

jimmyjoe

This was my 3rd Appleseed event and it was as awesome as the others!  My guests and I had a fantastic day, in spite of the rain, with all the other shooters.  What's not to love about the focus on safety, the outstanding firearm instruction, personal coaching (thanks George!), and the really detailed interesting history breakouts?  Thank you for making my two young guests feel capable and confident in their newfound love of shooting.  After this 3rd time around, I could tell that the lessons were starting to sink in to this aging brain and I could see a increase in my accuracy.  I really look forward to my 4th go around and seeing if it will be the one to have it all click!  Thank you again so much for all you do.  You are all amazing!