News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Byers, CO August 20-21, 2016

Started by Massasauga, August 23, 2016, 05:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Massasauga

The weather was very cooperative this time around and we had a lot of new shooters show up. We had a great group to teach. They came to the event with teachable attitudes and all shown improvement. We had a chance to shoot at distance on Sunday (300m center-fire, 100m rim-fire), there some impressive groups, and everyone had an opportunity to discover if one can hit targets at 25 meters one can hit targets at full distance.

The history was well received this weekend and there were several requests to hear the story of Samuel Whittemore  O0

Thanks again to everyone who came out this weekend and to the instructors for their dedication!
I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.

- Patrick Henry

Skinner

What a great group of students. We had three youngsters, always a thrill to see the next generation wanting to learn. Two adults whom had NEVER fired a gun before, worked thru difficulties with big smiles. Ben and Chris I hope you continue to persevere and we see you again. Everybody showed enthusiasm and improvement. Thanks to Colorado Rifle Club for hosting this event.
Always good to work with the other Instructors.  APPLESEED  ROCKS  !!!!

spideyar

Many thanks to the men and women who volunteered for the weekend!  I had a great time and learned a great deal about:
1) History
2) Marksmanship
3) Myself

Massasauga, Skinner, Brass Bucket, COJeepGirl, and Max (I forgot his forum name) - you all were awesome.  I hope I didn't unintentionally forget someone - the entire experience was well worth the price of admission and the mild sunburn.  I do hope / plan to be back again and I have a few people in mind to bring along with me next time.  Oh, and hopefully next time I'll have a pair of glasses with an updated prescription!

I also would like to say a big thank you to the attendees - it was a great group through and through, and the focus on safety was apparent. 

May liberty persevere and freedom thrive.  Cheers!

Jamie

COJeepGirl

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

COJeepGirl

Danny
It was AWESOME seeing you again. Thank you so much for stepping up.

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

COJeepGirl

COJeepGirl

Shoot boss

COJeepGirl

Chris

COJeepGirl

Brass Bucket telling us about hot brass

COJeepGirl

Sunrise on the way to Colorado Rifle Club on I-70

COJeepGirl

morning moon and Liberty flags

COJeepGirl

HI! I was very glad to see Brass Bucket, Massasaugua, Max, SKINNER, and a FABULOUS group of students. Everyone was safe and although the mosquitoes tried to take over we had fun. It is such a good feeling watching someone who had never shot before, really get into their new rifle and absorb all of our instruction. It is always extra nice when we have kids on the line-planting those seeds.
See you on the trail!

Scottimus

Hey Dave and Danny, Max, Shauna, Brass bucket,

Thank you all for a great Appleseed weekend.  Look forward to seeing you again at future events.

Scott