News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sheridan WY Aug 20-21, 2016

Started by Morpheus, August 22, 2016, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morpheus

The Sheridan County Sportsman Club played host to an Appleseed on one of the prettiest weekends anyone could hope for in Wyoming. 13 shooters showed up and seemed eager to improve their marksmanship, and what a pleasure it was to have them on our firing line!

Saturday started off with our introductions and safety briefing, and then the shooters confronted their first Redcoats of the weekend. We then got to the business of learning the Steady Hold Factors in the prone position, the six steps of firing the shot, and Natural Point of Aim. The shooters did well taking in as much as they could from this firehose of instruction. The mid-80's temps, clear skies and slight breeze made the day pleasant for shooting. During lunch we heard the First and Second Strike of the Match, learning a bit about our Founders and the sacrifices made for liberty.
After lunch we continued with squares targets and shrinking our group sizes. We then moved on to the seated position and practicing some mag changes in preparation of the AQT at the end of the day. At a break in the afternoon, the shooters heard the Third Strike of the Match and then we prepared for the standing position. We did complete a practice AQT and closed out the day with a Redcoat target.

Sunday dawned just as bright as the previous day with a promise of temps in the 90's. We set up some canopies to provide some respite from the sun and I was ever so thankful that the wind allowed us to keep them up all day! After a quick review of Saturday's instruction we set the squares targets and continued shrinking the group sizes. An AQT was shot before lunch and then we were treated to a number of stories about Dangerous Old Men, the gallant Betty Zane, and the unflappable Mother Batherick.
While the AQTs produced no new riflemen this weekend, we did see vast improvement from the shooters and the smiles at the end of the day confirmed in me that we will see these folks again (and soon I hope!) at another Appleseed.
It was a pleasure to award some youth patches to our under 18 shooters. Thank you to Chandler F., Nathaniel L., Bryce L., Ethan L., and Eillie L. Our future is secure indeed if the youth of our nation emulated those at the Sheridan shoot this weekend. Huzzah!

It was so worth the effort of this Georgia Instructor to help with this shoot this weekend. Thank you to the shooters and the Wyoming cadre of instructors who made this all possible.

May liberty increase!

Steve
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

M1bzrk

Thank you, Morpheus and crew.  You all were awesome and your presence was most appreciated.  It was great to see old friends and make new ones!  Not often we have 3 generations at a shoot.
I am still trying to post photos and will do so when I overcome some technical issues.
Thanks again and come back to Wyoming anytime!

M1bzrk

PHOTOS!!!  THANKS TO MR AUFBAU FOR HIS HELP.