News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clinton, Iowa: 20-21 Aug 2016

Started by IXOYE, August 21, 2016, 10:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had an excellent clinic in Clinton. Eleven shooters persevered through numerous thunderstorms and water soaked gear on Saturday, demonstrating they have the stuff to become riflemen. Sunday we had seven shooters return to near perfect weather. Everyone was absolutely amazing to work with. They were always ready with magazines and very quick to be ready during prep time. From a safety perspective, we didn't have any muzzle sweeps and no late shots after the cease fire, and I think we only had two or three times the entire weekend where someone had to be called back to the line to make their rifle safe. Kudos to everyone for doing such a great job!

Congratulations to Tom for making rifleman on Saturday. Sunday was cool because we not only saw three more shooters earn their rifleman patch, but two of them were a father / daughter team who were first timers. Congratulations to Phil and Alyssa for earning their patches together. Congratulations to Jerry for persisting and finally earning his coveted rifleman patch as well. Jerry also cleared both Red Coat targets on Sunday.

Many thanks go out to the Izaak Walton club of Clinton for hosting this event. Many thanks also to Shannon for driving halfway across the state to help instruct.

I'll post some pictures from our event once I get them downloaded from my camera.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are some pictures from our event.

This was the group on Sunday. Unfortunately we're missing four from Saturday.

Here are our four new riflemen

Shannon teaching IMC

Shooting squares on Saturday

Bearing down on those Tech Sights

Tom made rifleman on Saturday

Shannon talking targets down range

Tom demonstrating excellent form

Father / daughter shooting together

Jerry working on that rifleman patch

Tom shooting his dad's Garand on Sunday

Need a video to see him rocking

Alyssa making rifleman

Bruce scoring his target

Phil working on his rifleman patch

Shannon helping Steve out

Scoring targets

Helping with sling

Loading the Garand

Our first rifleman on Sunday

A proud moment for everyone

Dad was next

Jerry's persistence pays off

Frame that target

Dangerous Old Men and their Red Coats

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

RGR175

Rex and Shannon, thanks for the excellent marksmanship instruction and Revolutionary war education. You both are true professionals with the hearts of a teacher. Even when I wanted to do things my way, you kept at pointing out the fundamentals and steered me to become a better shooter. Thank you for that. I'm looking forward to the next Appleseed event to run my son through the course. Great program and thanks for posting all of the pics. They have been great to help with story time with friends and co-workers. Great group of folks who attended the course.

Phil