News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

M1 Garand for sale on AK outdoors forum - link inside

Started by hogfamily, August 19, 2016, 06:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

goodoldfriend

That is a nice looking firearm. They have it priced at $950. Any idea if it is worth it?
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

ItsanSKS

If what the seller says about the barrel is true, I think it would make a fine shooting rifle.  As to whether it is ?worth it"; that is too subjective to say.  Five years ago, you could've had it shipped to your door for less than $700 from the CMP.  Now that the CMP is pretty much out of Garands, I expect to see the prices keep climbing. 

FWIW, the rifle appears to be in great condition, and I would have no qualms about paying his asking price, if I were in the market for another Garand...
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

maxwell

In my opinion as casual observer of M1 prices, that's not a bad price at all for an IHC with LMR barrel and those wear numbers, plus the National Match sights. IIRC the LMR barrel was original to IHC rifles, and is considered one of the most accurate.

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

hogfamily

If anyone is intrested in buying this M1 as of today 8/23 it is still availible.

Here is the sellers email.

pltdaddy_2000@yahoo.com