News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kintyre, ND, August 13-14, 2016 AAR

Started by MrFixit, August 16, 2016, 10:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFixit

Our August AS was a great success this year!  The weather was gorgeous, our shooters were dedicated, our instructors were on their toes, and there was a definite excitement in the air!

Saturday morning found 16 shooters on the line, definitely a good turnout for our sparsely populated state.  With shooters coming from Minot, ND to IL, and even one originally from Iran, we had a great diversity in backgrounds and experience.   But that didn't stop us from gaining one new Rifleman on Saturday already!  Congrats to Michael! Great job!

Sunday found us with a couple more walk-ons, (previous AS-ers), so we were up to 18 on the line for a while. Again beautiful weather, and a very dedicated group of shooters stuck with us to the end, and some even beyond, opting to shoot a couple more AQTs "after hours".   :~     We had an awesome group of shooters, two more new riflemen, and one requalifier!  Congrats to Jonas, Jon, and Thaddeus!

Many thanks to DrRichP for coming all the way from IL to SB this event, and for all his great instructional tips! I for one learned a lot of neat tips and tricks from him! Thanks also to So Close and spanky71 for all their help on the line, and congrats on advancing a level in the Instructor Corps!  And congrats also to MrFixit, for passing the SBIT3 test, and earning his Green Hat! Huzzah!

Overall a great weekend, many good memories and many new friends, 3 new riflemen, and several awakened Americans! :-)

Texas T

Congrats to all. Sounds like a highly productive weekend, not only for shooters, but also for the instructor group.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

colonial shooter

This is a great day! One of the largest shoots in the region for the year. Congrats on the promotions for all. Keep up the good work, even though the entire corp for ND was present. Now lets see some pics!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

TOMINCT

Excellent job by all involved!

Congratulations on your entrance to the green hat club, things get much easier now!  ;)
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

MrFixit

Quote from: TOMINCT on August 16, 2016, 02:07:54 PM
  Congratulations on your entrance to the green hat club, things get much easier now!  ;)

Thanks Tom, I needed that... lol!  ;D

MrFixit

As promised, PICTURES! :-D

Saturday group photo:

Sunday Group photo:

Shooting line (Sat):

Shooting line (Sun):

Green Hat!

More pics over on the Appleseed ND FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedNorthDakota/

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

TOMINCT

Looks like a good turnout, some familiar faces there too.

A Rifleman persists....
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

DrRichP

So I had a great time with a great host and a great group of shooters in Kintyre.

Congratulations to MrFixit for earning his green hat and welcome to being a shoot boss!

I am so proud of, and for, Andrew, Michael, Jonas, Jon, and Thaddeus. I look forward to coming back to award Gwendelynn her Rifleman's badge and see her don an orange hat. Persist, I promise you will succeed!

Here are some pictures of beautiful ND, one of my new favorite places.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy