News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso, Texas - Miniseed August 13,2016

Started by Jerry Hall, August 13, 2016, 09:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hall

Greetings Project Appleseed and the Populous at large...
Miniseed dateline El Paso, Texas - August 13, 2016.
A relatively impromptu Miniseed was conducted at the Fort Bliss Rod and GUN Club today.
After a quick review of the Safety Rules and Safe rifle, Sighter Squares were used to confirm the Zero on a rifle that had rattled itself nearly to pieces at our last Appleseed event(May 28-29, 2016).
An AQT was then posted and Mr. Smith did promptly proved his prowess over the AQT with a score of 219. A repeat AQT was posted and scored a 231.
Our shared History and Heritage were discussed and the value of our unique Liberties were confirmed.
Please join me in congratulating Mr. Smith IIT0, A man whom truly knows what he is about!
With Liberty and Justice for All,
Jerry
Jerry Hall RWVA SB
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Mrs. Smith

:cool2:

Thank you, El Jefe!  Mr. Smith is feeling mighty pleased with himself this evening, and wishes to return to the range tomorrow to see if it was a fluke ;)    Thank you so much for taking time out of your Saturday to get this done.   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Sincerely, Mrs. Smith, whose best score just got beat by Mr. Smith, and I do believe we're going to have to do something about that!   :~
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Guntuckian

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Weezer

Congratulations, Mr. Smith!   And thank you, Jerry, for putting on that mini-seed!   

Mrs. Smith...as a woman whose husband initially bested her score, let me reassure you that beating him can (and will) be done...and it is SO much fun to have those bragging rights!   ;D   I'll send you some extra AQT targets when I send his instructor manual/clipboard.   ;) >:D
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Mrs. Smith

Thanks for the pep talk, Weezer!  And looking forward to the goodies :). Out of curiosity, should I have gotten a clipboard and manual as well? I was made an IIT after the El Paso Memorial Day Appleseed event with a score of 229. Just wondering!  Thanks again  ;D
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Mrs. Smith

We forgot the picture!!

Weezer

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on August 14, 2016, 02:54:46 PM
Thanks for the pep talk, Weezer!  And looking forward to the goodies :). Out of curiosity, should I have gotten a clipboard and manual as well? I was made an IIT after the El Paso Memorial Day Appleseed event with a score of 229. Just wondering!  Thanks again  ;D

YES!   You should have!    *smacks head*   Since you'll be competing for top score in your home, I'll assume you and Mr. Smith ought not be sharing an instructor manual, lest he should hide it from you out of frustration when you beat his score.   ;D

Do you also need an Orange Hat, as well?   I have one on order for Mr. Smith and had planned to send it to Jerry; however, I can easily add another hat in the package and send it directly to you if you'd prefer.   Send me a PM and we'll hammer out the details.   :)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

Mrs. Smith

Thank you!  And you're absolutely right!  Competition can get brisk around here lol we shoot together, we ride horses together, and we race cars together, so friendly competition is a frequent occurrence  >:D

I don't need an orange hat, though. I got mine at the Memorial Day 'seed. It was Jerry's last one  ;). I'll message you, thanks!

Weezer

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on August 14, 2016, 11:23:02 PM
Thank you!  And you're absolutely right!  Competition can get brisk around here lol we shoot together, we ride horses together, and we race cars together, so friendly competition is a frequent occurrence  >:D 

Same here!   You should see what happens when Jeopardy comes on...   **)

I'll get your materials out to you at the end of this month.   In the meantime, spend some romantic evenings dry firing together in the living room.   Nothing screams "I love you" like cuddling up to your rifles by candlelight.   ;) :cool2:

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Congrats!

How many shooters attended?

Ft. Bliss Rod and Gun Club. Good memories.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.