News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leetown, WV - August 13, 2016

Started by Vjornaxx, August 13, 2016, 07:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vjornaxx

Despite the heat index of 106ºF, we saw 3 shooters answer the call and persist! Two father-son pairs arrived at the Isaac Walton League of America - Leetown Gun Club this morning to their first ever Appleseed. Double A Ron and I worked with our liaison Gordon to set up our firing line before the students (and the oppressive heat) showed up. Our first Redcoat of the day saw 1 student clear the 100 yard silhouette - but they were a hard-working bunch who were eager to learn! Although we did not see any new Riflemen, When we shot our last Redcoat, we saw 1 student clear the 300 yard silhouette and another clear the 400 yard silhouette. Excellent improvement!

The students were paying close attention as I told the 3 Strikes throughout the day - our youngest shooter on the line was eager to offer answers to the 4 questions! Double A Ron told the tales of Samuel Whittemore, Hezekiah Wyman, and Elizabeth Zane. It was a pleasure to watch the students' faces as they heard the stories of April 19, 1775.

I would personally like to thank the Leetown Gun Club, Gordon, Double A Ron, and all the students who showed up and persevered through some very brutal heat! I hope we see all of you again!
"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true."

BeSwift

Fine job all!  We gotta keep WV afloat!
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations