News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning thread for New Philly Aug 27 & 28

Started by Corvette, August 13, 2016, 10:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Ok, first,

Campers, right now it looks like the lil buddy/Charley/Yankee, me, and shooter named Phil. If anybody else is planning on camping, let me know. As we get closer, we will coordinate food etc.

If anybody is planning on doing any PC's, let me know here. BAS, I would hope to see you do your PC1.

See everybody in a couple weeks.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

To the IITs/Instructors working with me at New Philly later this month. 

We have a family group of six shooters coming from New York, NY to this shoot.  Needless to say, being stuck behind "enemy lines" in NYC presents them with some challenges in assembling the necessary equipment and acquiring the ammo needed for all six for the weekend.  So:

1.  I have made arrangements for their ammo
2.  I have four loaner rifles (2-10/22s and 2-Marlin Appleseed rifles)  I need two more 22lr loaner rifles with magazines for this group
3.  I have three shooting matts, need three more
4.  Not sure on their status on eyes and ears.  I have two extra sets of ears and a couple extra sets of eyes, if anybody else has extras, bring                them in case we need them.

Please let me know here is you can help with the needed equipment so I can plan accordingly so we are sure we have the necessary rifles and equipment for them.  They are driving a long way to join us and we want to make sure the free state of Ohio welcomes them and takes care of their equipment needs.

PM me with any questions.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Texas T

I'll be bringing the pop-up trailer and camping. I'll have a couple of extra eyes and ears in my bag of gear.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

BamaFan7

First time attendee here. I'll be commuting daily from home. I have a 10x10 pop up canopy I could bring if needed.
"where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment."

cwcdl79

I'll be camping, working on pc1, can bring a couple eyes and ears. Have 10/22 loaner can bring.

Corvette

Bamafan no need to bring canopy. Both line and meeting area covered.

Cwcl79 yes please bring loaner rifle.

Still looking for shooting matts 3

One more loaner rifle.

Corvette

little buddy

we will bring our two loaner rifles marlin 795 with mags. and we have plenty of extra eyes and ears. we also have four extra shooting mat's

Corvette

Great thanks that will fill out our needs, thanks.

Corvette

Texas T

I have a couple of moving pads that can function as backup shooting pads if they are needed by anyone else who attends.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

chippendale

I have two mats if needed, along with an LTR configured 795. 
FFF in Middleburg has lots of 325rd boxes of Federal Auto Match for $20/box. 2 box limit.   (only at the Milan and Middleburg locations)

Corvette, I plan on arriving Saturday morning and staying at the New Philly Hilton overnight.

Corvette

Chippendale

We are set for the visitors from NY. Looking forward to seeing you again this weekend and as always, count on bfast with the crew at the New Philly Hilton.

Corvette

Phil

I am planning on camping and my dad probably will be as well.

I've never shot at New Philly before, so I'm not sure what the facilities are like.

If I were to bring some hotdogs, is there somewhere for a fire or should I plan on cold food?

Corvette

Phil,

You will be pleased to learn that New Philly is one of the great ranges for camping. We have access to a full kitchen and to a grill. I wil post a separate thread here to coordinate things for dinner Sat night.

Corvette

Corvette

Ok, it looks like we will have the following campers at Nes Philly.

Charley, little buddy and Yankee
Texas T
Phil and his father
Cwcdl79
Chippendale

So let's plan on a cook out at the range for Saturday night.

I will cover b-fast Sat And Sun morning.

So who is bringing what for dinner Sat?

Corvette

Texas T

MI IBC, February 2017

sluggo

My daughter will be traveling with me and we would love to camp out at the range.
The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.
-William Hazlitt

Corvette

She is welcome, some reason she is not shooting? We will gladly fix her up. Much better way to pass the dAy.

Corvette

Phil

Gas or Charcoal?

I'll bring meat and buns, and I have a mostly full propane tank that I can bring.

I'm counting 11, right?

Corvette

little buddy

corvette with this many Instructors would it be a good time to have the Instructor bring there rifles to requalify. Just a thought back at the choshocton event we were stepping on each others toes. we had roughly about 2.5 students per an instructor that's about what we have here.

little buddy 

Phil

I bought burgers, dogs, buns, and condiments.

I forgot cheese until I was already home, so if cheese is a must have for anyone, you'll probably have to supply your own.

cwcdl79

I'll bring some sort of dessert, and if ibcan get into the garden some fresh tomatoes

Corvette

Ok, I will have some American cheese for the burgers.

And, little buddy has great idea. All instructors should bring rifles and mats.  Let's get some requalifications done on Sunday.  The line I am dropping off will have room for 35 shooters so there should be spots on the line for folks to rotate through working the line and shooting AQTs.

Also, when I was dropping off the line and other supplies tonight, I talked with several board members who informed me that the furnace in the trap house took a crap and there will be no AC for the weekend. So if you were planning on sleeping in the trap house, bring a tent, it will be cooler outside.

Dom, I have made arrangements for you in the upper kitchen which is air conditioned so the cot I left for you will be all you need.

Weather is good Sat and chance of t-storms Sun PM. Let's hope for the best.  Otherwise, I will see you all soon and thank you all for stepping up.

Corvette

chippendale

I'll bring some Bush's beans and some hot dogs as well. 

What's this about Appleseed volunteers requalifying?  I haven't shot an AQT in three years.  Hopefully, all my shots will be on paper.

Let's have a fun and safe shoot.  25 shooters.....22 ammo must be coming back.

Charley

little buddy

I requalified at coschocton and charley did also at liberty center it will come right back to you. once a rifleman always a rifleman