News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning thread Coshocton OH Sept 10 & 11

Started by Corvette, August 11, 2016, 12:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Per request, here is a planning thread for the Coshocton in sept.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

.50calgrl

Hi everyone,

I will be attending as a blue hat (hope to also work the line), with Rascal. Please let me know what needs to be helped with... And just wanted to introduce myself.

NSCgrl (AKA Kelly)
Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

Rascal21

Wait....I'm supposed to be there???

;D

Put us to work. What do you need extra? already planning on canopies (since it rains wherever Sheetz is at), Registration lists, Name tags, Liability waivers and AAR handouts. (Kels I will get with you on all that).

Redcoat72

I have been going through the instructor manual and trying to get ready for this Appleseed.  How will the instructor tasks be divided up?  What should I focus on?

I have also been researching David Lamson, and was hoping to do his story as my contribution to the history lectures.

Thanks!

Redcoat72(Kevin)
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

Corvette

Everyone,

Since we have so much help and not that many shooters, we should have the ability to work with many of the newer IITs on a number of POIs, shoot management skills and heritage.

Let me consult with Greywolf and come up with ideas and assignments. More to follow.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

.50calgrl

Nametags and registration checklist done, will update as new people sign up.

FYI, Ten of the fifteen registrations are Groupons.

12 days and counting!

Corvette

Everyone,

Attendance continues to build for this shoot. We are only THREE people away from selling this shoot out. Come on Ohio and MI and Canads, we got two weeks to find three people. Can we do it?

Corvette

Corvette

Rascal I will bring a 10x10 canopy, factor that into your plans. Are there camping related things I need or shod start coordinTing?

Corvette

Rascal21

I know what happens to your canopy when it rains :-) I am bringing one as well. I can grab a second if you think we need it. Most of us are staying at Red's so I don't think we need any camping and I haven't seen any requests come through the email for it. Let me know. Since NSCGirl is our only Canadian Bluehat so far, I am letting her work through this one with me, and she will have her AC/RSO to have signed off as well.

If you need anything, or think of anything else I can bring please let me know.

Stace

Corvette

We may need the extra canopy. Looks like we are going to sell out so the line is going to extend well beyond the covered portion. We will need at least two on the line and a third for registration and history. We may want to recruit someone else to bring one as well.

Corvette

.50calgrl

We are up to 17 registrations...

I think you are right Corvette, we might just sell out.

.50calgrl

Corvette

Everyone,

We only need 2 more people to sell out this shoot. Who has a friend a neighbor or someone you know at the local tavern that you can talk into coming. I really would like to sell this out. Let's get this pushed over the line this week so we don't have to worry about it.

Corvette

Texas T

I realize that it doesn't help the Ohio stats, but we just sold out in Slippery Rock, PA (Western PA, almost a part of Ohio)
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Corvette

TexasT

Great job working full shoots is fun.  See if you can find a new orange hat at the event Never enough I structors.

Corvette

Corvette

Team Ohio YOU GUYS ARE FANTASTIC.  We are 20 pre regs for next week's shoot in Coshocton.  Only need one more for our ELEVENTH sell out this year.  Simply amazing. Come on guys and gals, just one more person.

Corvette

Corvette

Come on Ohio we need ONE more shooter for a sell out. Somebody must have a friend they can covince to join us. Need just one!

:sos:

Corvette

CornfedinOhio

I sent a message to Chippendale. I'd like to see him there. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you.

.50calgrl

Ha, would love to see Chippendale! Tell him we will even bring the Canadian trail mix as well. (And this time we have a very special Canadian coming... Montreal Shooter). Mario can speak french to him. He will love it.

Rascal21

Any of the girls want to shoot?

Quote from: CornfedinOhio on September 03, 2016, 07:11:38 PM
    I sent a message to Chippendale. I'd like to see him there. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you.

little buddy

Great job Ohio another sold out shoot. We are working on liberty center just 4 spots to go

Little Buddy

.50calgrl

Sold out! Sweet! Well done everyone! Time to get our Appleseeding on!

Corvette

OK, her is the plan for the shoot:

Registration will be in my pop up. Rascal and NSCgrl will handle registration. Rascal will have all the handout materials, AS waivers, trifolds. I will bring the shirts, table, clipboards, duct tape for named, pens, etc. There is a $10.00 range fee for the weekend and a club waiver that needs to be filled out.

Montreal Shooter, you will have parking lot duty. Direct shooters to registration and have them leave rifles in their vehicles. BAS and Redcoats you guys cover line and prep areas.

Instructor pre-meeting at 7:45.

Shoot Plan Sat:
Welcome - Corvette
Safety Brief - Corvette
Line commands - Corvette

Introduce Red Coat - Redcoat72
Prone Steady Hold - BAS
Six Steps - BAS
NPOA - BAS
IMC - Montreal Shooter

Steady hold Seated - Montreal Shooter
Steady hold Standing - Redcoat72

Introduce AQT - BAS

I will do the strikes unless someone else wants to take a crack at one of them.

Sunday:
Rebrief on safety - Corvette
Review steady hold all positions, six steps - RedCoat72

Flag history - Corvette
DOMs
Hezikiah - ?
David Lamson - RedCoat72
Sam - ?

If anybody has issues or wants to swap, let me know.  See you next weekend.

Corvette

Corvette

Instructors & Campers

Ok what do we want to do for dinner Sat night. Do we work to create a cook out at the range our do we run into Coshocton for dinner?  If we are going to stay at range we need to coordinate who is bringing what.

Downtown Coshocton is about 10 min away and there is a sports bar and a Mexican place that are both OK.

Let me know what you want to do

Corvette

Rascal21

My vote is we go out! :) but you already knew that

.50calgrl

Ditto to what Rascal21 said (like I said we share a brain)  :P

Less work... Though a campfire would be nice.

Corvette

Ok looks like we will go out Sat night for chow. Will decide where on Sat.

Corvette

Corvette

Montreal Shooter has stepped up to do IMC, any more volunteers?

Corvette