News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sturgis, MI August 12-13, 2016

Started by Rascal21, August 11, 2016, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

Photos are located here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.915150171928486.1073741894.240556109387899&type=1&l=83ee305d05

Be sure to give the page a like to stay up to date on our upcoming events.

Some teaser photos:

Graywolf

What a weekend we had in Sturgis.  This was a Friday/Saturday shoot that sold out and then some.  We had 42 shooters on a 40 person line, but with some creative adjustments everyone fit just fine.  The weather was hot and humid both days with added rain on Saturday (which did not help.)  Still, the shooters came to the line every time and maintained a sense of humor and clearly were enjoying themselves.  We had 3 rifleman scores for the weekend and vastly improved scores by everyone else so it just doesn't get any better no matter what the weather.

I also want to point out the importance of 7th Stepping for this event.  This shoot sold out largely due to the efforts of one person.  He is an ardent Appleseed supporter and he worked tirelessly to make this event a success.  My hat is off to you, Newell.  If anyone thinks 7th Stepping is just "something we do" and not something worth pushing, think again.

Congratulations to Newell for re-qualifying as rifleman and to Jim and Elise for scoring rifleman score for the first time.  (Elise did it in spite of some "help" from a neighbor who got confused about targets.)  Well done, to all of you.

To everyone else, I would remind you that a rifleman is persistent.  Many of you are clearly going to score rifleman soon.  Stay with it.  Come out to other events.  Practice your NPOA and your Six Steps.  You got this!

Lastly, I want to thank my instructors for all their efforts.  You took time off from work to do a Friday/Saturday shoot.  Your work was professional and top notch the whole weekend in spite of the heat and humidity.  You were patient and helpful to everyone - a wonderful example of what an instructor should be.  Well done, all of you.

I know there are tons of pictures from the weekend, so post 'em up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

weaselwoods

Awesome job guys, & gals :bow: :bow: Hope to work with you all again soon, till then keep shootin straight & 7th stepping  :~ :---
"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well-trained, well-equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely" -General Dwight D. Eisenhower

As for me I'm a #4  patriot -From Fred's "which are you, patriot?" in shotgun news. Always try to improve first yourself, then others around you.

If freedom of speech is taken away then dumb & silent we may be led like sheep to the slaughter -George Washington