News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee, MI, August 6-7

Started by 3.Dogs, August 08, 2016, 04:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.Dogs

What an outstanding weekend.  First I would like to thank the Dundee Sportsman's Club for hosting this event.  Just a beautiful range.  I look forward to more events being held here.  Once again, Thank you.

To our shooters,  what a great group of people.  All of you came out to this event as shooters and left walking the path of a Rifleman.  Each of you put in an incredible amount of effort this weekend.  Every lesson in the fundamentals was taken to heart and applied.  One of the best traits of a rifleman is persistence an I saw plenty of that during the course of this event.  I cant say enough on how much improvement I saw from everyone over the course of the weekend.  No matter how rough it got or difficulties that were presented each of you stepped up to overcome.  When many others would get discouraged or frustrated that they were not doing as well as they expected all of you kept working hard, smiling, and having a good time.  I have no doubt that each an everyone of you can achieve that Rifleman's score.  I look forward to seeing all of you back in the line in future and earning the patch.

Congratulations again to Cory on scoring rifleman.  Well done sir, well done.

I would also like to thank Wingwrench,  Graywolf, and Caliper for coming out an working this event.  You guys did a wonderful job each of you just step in an put for a top notch effort.  Thank you again for your hard work.

Everyone who took pictures at this event post them up. 

"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

Lockback

My first Appleseed!
I had a great time and learned a lot.
To me it seemed less like a fire hose than like a conveyor belt of parts to assemble.
After time and practice you get the knack and can assemble them without thinking about it.
Once you have done that you can concentrate more fully on what you are really trying to do.
Awesome staff and fellow shooters.
I really liked the range, nice to shoot out in the open under a sunny sky.
Looking forward to the next one!

BRZCory

:pics:

Had a great time! The facilities were pretty nice, and that shade was a godsend (for the first half of the day at least). Got a little sunburned but nowhere near what it could have been! The hot lunch was a welcome addition as well over my previous Appleseed, and everyone at the Dundee Sportsman's Club was extremely friendly and helpful. 10/10, would attend another event here again!

Big thanks to all the instructors. I learned a few new tricks for the toolbox and left the weekend as a better shooter!

The Rifleman patch was pretty cool too.     ;D

Gage

My first Appleseed and it was just great. 

The Dundee range was really nice, the weather was pretty good for August, and the Instructors and training were all top notch. Lots of shooting and lots of learning.  They even spent extra time with rookie shooters which was really good to see. 

The differences between Appleseed's  "Rifleman" class and other shooting classes that just teach "to shoot" is far greater then I would have ever imagined -  (and I have been to other shooting classes.)  Appleseed was far more in-depth - the natural point of aim - calling your shot - detailed shot analysis and corrections that actually worked.

I would have only hoped for more time to learn the proper set up - as the sling ended up critical to my ability to shoot and yet I had trouble with it's set up all weekend - which in turn led to problems down range all weekend.  The sling is as critical as the rifle.

Also - The History we learned was eye opening.

If I could I would make Appleseed a required class in all Jr. High Schools - I would do it instantly.

Can't wait to go again.

🇺🇸

Rascal21

Posting for Wingwrench

All of the Photos from him are posted here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.911098025667034.1073741893.240556109387899&type=1&l=d18f9d1242

But here's a few  ;D

Gage

Was reading up on April 19th, 1775 a bit and ran across an interesting back story: a pair of stolen brass canons. 

http://www-tc.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/static/media/transcripts/2011-04-21/206_cannon.pdf

wingwrench

I was inspired by the determination and perseverance at this shoot. I saw some gracious behavior, and a sense of humor as well. Congrats to Corey with the Rifleman score. I hope the rest come back to build on the foundation laid this last weekend. Now that you know how a shoot flows, a second shoot goes much easier. The fire hose you drink from seems much less daunting; the pieces of information fit together better to make a picture.

A great bunch of folks on a beautiful weekend with rifles, ammunition, and instruction. A bit more get-up-and-go for me would have made it perfect.

Bless you, thank you to Grey Wolf, Three Dogs, and Caliper for doing what you do so very well!!

3.Dogs

I am thrilled that so many had such a good time.  I look forward to seeing all of you again at future events and hand all of you your Rifleman patch.
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder