News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lincoln NE Aug 6th & 7th

Started by Twineagles, August 08, 2016, 12:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

I had the opportunity to run this shoot.

Great bunch of shooters. We had a good mix of very experienced shooters to new shooters. The weather on Sat was just about perfect with enough breeze to keep us comfortable. Since Melissa and I were together of course it rained on Sunday, but mainly a nuisance rain. Melissa and I are 3 for 3 Appleseeds where it rained. Cleared off into a wonderful afternoon.

The Izaak Walton league has a fantastic range there and even supplied us with pop up shelters for the firing line on Sunday. If you are looking for a club to join in the Lincoln area I highly recommend you check them out. Friendly group of members too, many stopped by to see what an Appleseed was.

As for the shooters we couldn't have asked for a better attitude from them. They came to learn and as we watched the groups shrink it was obvious they were learning. Talking targets was a great eye opener for them. When we looked at targets they were doing a great job of self diagnosis. Group interacted well with instructors and asked lots of good questions. We awarded one Rifleman patch and to a shooter having lots of equipment problems both days with with his scope. That shows how a Rifleman is persistent. We scored some 180-200 targets and even a 208 there were other shooters were getting close. Best quote of the day "I never thought I would look forward to shooting prone". Lots of smiles throughout the weekend and everyone took time to thank each of the instructors individually Sunday afternoon. We also had lots of help dismantling the shelters and cleaning up the range. That is always appreciated by the instructor crew.

I was the stranger in a strange land, a Cyclone fan in Lincoln. We were able to forgive our differences and concentrate on preserving liberty and learning marksmanship.

Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

SisaLee81

Very big THANK YOU to twineagles for making the drive out to SB for us.  We appreciate at the time and guidance you have put into the NE cadre!!