News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fairfax, VA August 1-2 AAR

Started by FiremanBob, August 07, 2016, 01:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanBob

Another excellent shoot at the NRA Home Range facility. Twelve patriots participated in this session. All demonstrated their outstanding "learning mindset" and made steady progress from the first Redcoat on. It's always nice to have an event at the epicenter of the 2nd Amendment defense movement, especially with the AC on in this indoor facility with such helpful and welcoming staff.

Huzzahs to our new riflemen: John S with a 222 (requal) and John T with a 211 (new). This was John T's second Appleseed, so you're clearly above average. I hope you will both consider taking the orange hat sometime soon. PM me when you're ready.

Reviewing the scored targets, my general advice to you all would be to study your marksmanship handouts and practice your prone positions at home (dry-fire). Many of you did great in standing and sitting, but lost too many points in stages 3 and 4. Use the steady hold factors and find that relaxed, solid position that gives you NPOA. You'll know when your sights settle calmly on the target.

My deepest personal thanks to Cold Warrior and Aninha, who actually signed up before I did, and to BD for stepping up despite work obligations. Without you, there would have been no shoot this time.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

BD

I'm proud of the group as a whole. Everyone progressed quickly.
The positions and techniques seemed to make sense to everyone and they tried to incorporate everything and run with it.
With some practice, there can be a lot of rifleman out of the group.

Thanks agin to the NRA Range for hosting the event.  They are great to deal with.
Up the Republic

Cold Warrior

"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred